Polished Concrete vs Timber Floorboards

Depends on design and demographic you're chasing

If the place is warehouse style, concrete floors work well. Unless it's got a flat roof, floor to ceiling windows, etc, I think a concrete floor would look a bit try-hard and out of place.

The other thing to consider is the demographic you're aiming at. People with small children may not want a concrete floor because they're dangerous for kids to fall over on.

I think a hardwood floor is hard to beat. Agree with PP about tiles looking cheap unless they're stone/marble, etc.

From a maintenance perspective, I am tempted to say to use concrete! I have supposed "top of the range" floorboards in my PPOR and have had a few problems with them... My washing machine leaked which lead to an area of 1m x 2m "warping"- had to replace 40m2 as you can't just fix the damaged ones!:) (lucky i was covered by strata insurance...)

From a maintenance perspective, I am tempted to say to use concrete! I have supposed "top of the range" floorboards in my PPOR and have had a few problems with them... My washing machine leaked which lead to an area of 1m x 2m "warping"- had to replace 40m2 as you can't just fix the damaged ones!:) (lucky i was covered by strata insurance...)

Polished concrete is not carefree!

Does not have to look like a warehouse the concrete can be colored fairly easily. I have seen places done with red for example and it had black stone specs throughout it.

If the place is warehouse style, concrete floors work well. Unless it's got a flat roof, floor to ceiling windows, etc, I think a concrete floor would look a bit try-hard and out of place.

The other thing to consider is the demographic you're aiming at. People with small children may not want a concrete floor because they're dangerous for kids to fall over on.

I think a hardwood floor is hard to beat. Agree with PP about tiles looking cheap unless they're stone/marble, etc.

We are targeting professional couples or even single professionals. Its is a 8 unit development with a mix of 2 and 1 bedroom apartments. We are going for a high end finish with bi fold doors, built in appliances, down lights etc etc. We actually do have a flat roof

The main reason we like concrete is that we can use it indoors and out (balcony's) to create a more open area.

Back