Poll: Date for next meeting

What date do you prefer for the next meeting?

• June 29

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • July 6

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • July 13

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other date- please specify in thread!

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sydney meeting of the - what are we calling ourselves again?

Remember, 29th June was agreed to by majority of people in the prior thread.

While it's sad that some individuals can't come (flagging Jacque's self-interest in changing the date so she can come), if the meeting is moved to the 6th or 13th there will also be some individuals who can't come (such as myself - flagging self-interest here).

Changing the date is not necessarily going to improve the attendence - it may actually reduce it & therefore reduce the networking value.....

We can always hold the following meeting in late July....particularly if you're volunteering to organise one Jacque! (maybe a family lunch? - just to be different)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

I am quite happy with 29th, Jacque. :)

The point to have meeting once a month is that if you miss this one there is always one next month! :D

Suggestion 1
If it's meant to be a monthly meeting why not make it a permanent "fourth Saturday of the month at blah blah timeslot" or whatever, and only the venue has to be arranged, then everyone knows the date and time beforehand and can plan around it.

Suggestion 2
If there are enough takers to make a reasonable turnup for both the 29th June and one of the dates in July would it be feasible to have 2 meetings then get into the swing of things with something definite for August i.e. my first suggestion?

I'm just being greedy - I want to pick brains ASAP!!!

Suggestion 3
I can see that making a permanent Saturday or Sunday (or whatever) may not suit some people (you can't suit all the people all the time) so if you sort something definite out maybe it could be odd months Jan, Mar, May etc could be Saturday and the even months Sunday.

Just a thought.

Cheers
Olly

Point taken Acey :)
Forgive in me in my enthusiasm to want to join in this time- maybe I don't get out enough?!

Anyway, have a great night all you guys and I hope to catch up at the next one.

BTW, I really like Olly's suggestion to have it the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc Sat/Sun of the month, alternating from mth to mth. Great thinking! Will be easier to plan ahead. What does everyone else think of doing this?
Say, the first Sat in Aug, Oct, Dec, Feb, April, June and the first Sunday in the other months?

Back