• 5m-7m

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • 7m-10m

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Over 10m

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
James, I hate hearing about valuable domain names... I accidentally let a very good one go for around $200... could have a hell of a lot more I'm sure: globalpropertytrust.com. I listed it for sale a few years ago just for some quick cash but unfortunately even after I realised how much it could be worth I forgot to take it down from afternic and it was still listed for sale by auction. So it suddenly sold before my eyes recently and I was bound to the contract. Tried to buy it back for $5000 but they weren't interested... I'm sure it's worth at least double that, if not more. And this was one I bought for $14.95. Damn!

Oh almost forgot to ask (coz I haven't voted in the poll yet): Is it for individual net worth or me and wifey? I technically earned it, but I couldn't have done it without her, she supported me all the way so the fortune is half hers!

-Ian

at least it wasn't vodka.com that went for a measly 3mill usd lol.
hence I own all the wkdvodka domains every extension from .com .info:p

I also see some ridiclous amounts on worthless domains on ebay but hey no harm in trying I guess I only use sedo more real buyers with actual money that know what domains are worth.

You can buy it back for $105
http://www.namecalling.net/showthread.php?p=15433

So looks like you made money;)

Cheers

No actually, that's the auction that took it away from me :(

You'll see that listing is no longer active.

The auction seemingly happened so fast coz I hadn't checked my email in a day or two, and so I had no time to respond or log in and cancel it once I realised the domain was still listed and the auction was underway.

Edit: So far we have 52 millionaires here!

Edit: So far we have 52 millionaires here!

Wow, thats very impressive indeed. I wonder how much that would actually be if it came to forced liquidation & after CGTs. In our current environment where lenders are rejecting no and low doc loans like theres no tomorrow, you'd need a significant amount of equity and serviceability to continue to "bid" up prices to even its current conservative market values. Off course if you've been sitting on a war chest you'd be laughing but last time I checked, most of us IP addicts are still asset rich, cash poor and very much laden with debt. Nevertheless its an interesting poll that puts a smile on our faces and re-inforces this magic we call equity. Or is it? :)

I recon most pollsters would have included PPOR

Considering PPOR is usually investors biggest asset (especially early on) it would be interesting to see how many of the 52 millionaires are over the line on a 7 figure worth due to PPOR...

The intent was all assets, so include PPOR for the purpose of this poll.

In "The Millionaire Next Door" criteria for being a millionaire is all net assets (excluding family home... PPOR) and is portrayed in US dollars. Although the latter is becoming less and less relevant.

The exercise they propose in the book is to "Multiply your age times your realised pre-tax annual household income from all sources (except inheritances). Divivde by 10. This, less any inherited wealth, is what your net worth should be."

The exercise they propose in the book is to "Multiply your age times your realised pre-tax annual household income from all sources (except inheritances). Divivde by 10. This, less any inherited wealth, is what your net worth should be."

Woohoo - finally somewhere abouve where I am supposed to be yay!

Wonder what the reasoning behind that calculation is??

Cheers
Stella

Woohoo - finally somewhere abouve where I am supposed to be yay!

Wonder what the reasoning behind that calculation is??

Cheers
Stella

Seems quite conservative doesn't it?

60yr old earning $100kpa = 6,000,000 / 10 = $600k net worth excl. PPOR.

Sorry, this is way offtopic, and I'm quoting myself here, but I'm in Hong Kong at the moment and just saw a report on TV that 1 in every 15 people here are millionaires :eek:

Okay back to your regular programming...

Apparently in India there are one million millionaires. If we assume their population is one billion people then their millionaires account for 0.1 % of their population. Contrast that with the Hong Kong figures above that place millionaires as 6.7 % of Hong Kong's population.

Wonder what the figures might be for China right now and the forecasts for future millionaires??

In what currency?

1,000,000 Indian Rupee = 27,447.2 Australian Dollar

Everyones a millionaire in Zimbabwe

1,000,000 Zimbabwe Dollar = 37.11958 Australian Dollar

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for picking me up on that. I believe it was in US dollars. Sorry for not clarifying that in my post.

Agree with other comments in this thread that One million dollars is becoming less of a big deal these days and in another seven to ten years will be the median price of residential property (say in Melb or Sydney).

I guess we need to be talking in terms of being a MULTI (millionaire) or aspiring to same.

Stepping stones would be penta-millionaire, deca-millionaire, etc. Onward and upward with compounding growth :D

$1mil does not really seem much these days since a decent home in a capital city is worth about half a mil or more by itself. I feel being a millionaire is not wealthy just comfortably OK.

I agree, a million is not much these days and I personally wouldn't count anyone as a 'millionaire' unless thye had millions plural. I'm in the million to 2 mil mark and certainly don't consider myself wealthy. Especially as my cash flow is currently in the minus!

I'm a classic - asset rich, cash poor investor at the moment!:p

I agree, a million is not much these days and I personally wouldn't count anyone as a 'millionaire' unless thye had millions plural. I'm in the million to 2 mil mark and certainly don't consider myself wealthy. Especially as my cash flow is currently in the minus!

I'm a classic - asset rich, cash poor investor at the moment!:p

Pretty much in exactly the same boat / same feeling.

In what currency?

1,000,000 Indian Rupee = 27,447.2 Australian Dollar

Everyones a millionaire in Zimbabwe

1,000,000 Zimbabwe Dollar = 37.11958 Australian Dollar

Dave

Good point, I didn't even think of that... 1 HKD is only 16 Aussie cents... so millionaires here have $160,000 AUD... Hehe, now that sounds way more believable! Still, there is definitely a lot of wealth flaunted here.

Edit: I just looked it up on www.xe.com: HKD 1 million = 139,836.84 AUD! Awesome.

She's a pretty broad range, that 10+ region.

Can the people who voted that let themselves be known so we can all learn off you a tad.....

....or are you all lurking in the shadows...

....or are people clicking the highest button just cos they can ??

My comment from the previous "number of IPs" poll apply to this one as well. We've got a big gap of nothingness between the main group and a big fat knob on the end.....statistically it just looks like porkies.

Handyandy ?? Simon & Julie ?? LL ?? Grossy ?? MarkC ?? Ian & Jan ?? Coastymike ??

Land Banking..... And wait for area to become rezoned.

Back