POLL simple...will you buy an IP in 2009?

Will you buy an IP in 2009?

• ABSOLUTELY NOT, I intend to sell IPs to reduce debt or use funds elsewhere. Property is dead!

Votes: 12 6.4%
  • NO, I am sitting as is. Ride it out! Batten down the Hatches

Votes: 22 11.7%
  • UNSURE but leaning to NOT purchasing. Too much uncertainty

Votes: 17 9.0%
  • UNSURE but leaning to making a purchase. Low rates too tempting

Votes: 47 25.0%
  • YES I will buy one IP, I am ready to go and done my sums

Votes: 46 24.5%
  • ABSOLUTLEY YES, I intend to buy multiple IPS! as many as bank allows! 2009 is a unique opportunity

Votes: 44 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dear All

Keeping it very simple...Will you buy an IP in 2009?

With the Economic Crisis there are many predictions for property. Up 10%, Down 40%, No Change, ......so I thought we all might be interested to see what, as active investors, we are proposing to do.

So considering the knowledge you have now, your employment situation and personal investment strategy. Will you be buying an IP in 2009?

Please feel free to say why but not essential.

Regards

Peter 14.7

Ive got time to buy on my side so the poll will differ but if everyone who voted was young then results would be alot different.

I voted Absolutely yes.

Thanks W2BW

I voted unsure but learning to yes.

The trouble with polls is there are many variables as you stated. Essentially I am trying to get a feel for the confidence in active IP investors and avoid the Daily Telegraph "battler families" often quoted for sound/article bite.

Peter

Looking to buy one more IP around Jun-Jul '09.

Have got enough cash in offset account for a deposit but will wait until the construction of current IP scheduled to be completed in Mar '09 and is rented out.

Also, my job contract will be up for renewal in Jun '09 so once that is renewed (hopefully!) I shall have no issues purchasing the next IP.

I am in the early stages of accumulation so will be buying as often as I can afford to.

Cheers,
Oracle.

We must be a battler family because we qualify for pretty much all the Rudd handouts. Which is, of course, how we managed to buy 2.5 houses on our income.

And we're selling everything this year to use the funds elsewhere. And according to the poll option, property must be dead!

We probably won't be buying in 2009, unless an unbelievable buy presents itself. We are looking at developing a dual occupancy opportunity on one of our IP's in SE Qld, towards the end of 2009 (we have the initial council DA application approval).

Our whole portfolio is getting very close to neutral ... We really don't want to take on anymore debt at this stage as we want to start planning to cut back work and enjoy life more than we have been...... We will concentrate more on dual-occupancy & sub-division development on existing IP's in the next few years as a way of increasing wealth before buying more.

Have a great 2009 everyone

Martin .... :p

PS ... Good poll Peter

And we're selling everything this year to use the funds elsewhere. And according to the poll option, property must be dead!

To clarify, Property is Dead is artistic flair:rolleyes: Like 2009 is a boom year.

By clicking this option it means you see better deals elsewhere and are cashing in to take them. You see property going down and want out.

Peter

G'Day

Happy New Year

I certainly hope to buy property in 2009

I certainly intend to build during 2009

I well remember 1989 - 1994 but the circumstances now are, of course, unique. 2009 will present significant opportunity on many fronts of the property market

A year is a long time. I hope to make use of every single day but the 2009 we end with will bear no resemblance to the 2009 we start with.

Cheers
Kristine

Still in evasive action mode financially :eek:

No new IP's this year - and offload if possible to those who are buying! :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

I voted:

UNSURE but leaning to NOT purchasing. Too much uncertainty

But not because of uncertainty. Definitely still positive on my properties, in fact land sales are still pleasently surprising me around my Enfield site.

A year is a long time, so never say never, but the current plan is to let the equity build up for about a year or three at which point we buy our new PPOR when it comes time for the first kid.

In the mean time, business is booming and too many bargains on the ASX to keep me very busy at the moment!

Dear All

Keeping it very simple...Will you buy an IP in 2009?

With the Economic Crisis there are many predictions for property. Up 10%, Down 40%, No Change, ......so I thought we all might be interested to see what, as active investors, we are proposing to do.
Peter 14.7,,I voted no,just hold and manage what we control,at my age i don't need to buy another property to put a smile on my face,very hard to see value when some we bought for less that 50k now are worth 450k plus, everything i have looked at over the past 2 years,the numbers just don't add up,if i can find some vacant land in the few country Nth Nsw that i watch and put another removal= house on the land, that may be the way to go but i'm in no hurry on my economic clock,after the solid hammering the ASX that market will turn before property ever does
my main focus this year will be on investing again in the banking system
milk the div.s,franking credits,and hope that the all the Banks go back up 30%,by this time next year..imho..willair...

i already have a 20% deposit for one IP after the profit from all my spreads over the break.

gee i love the stock market.

plan to non x-col my house when complete in Feb for another as well.

giddyup.

I settle on an IP in March '09.

Depending on what happens to 5 year fixed rates, I may purchase another IP in Sept/Oct '09 (ie. if these rates are still low then and haven't creaped up too much)...but most likely not.

If that's the case, I will get my first modest PPOR in late '09 and keep it on a variable rate loan.

Peter 14.7,,I voted no,just hold and manage what we control,.....very hard to see value when some we bought for less that 50k now are worth 450k plus, ...........imho..willair...

Now that is just gloating:(;)

Peter 14.7

PS I look forward to being able to gloat!

Well 4 hrs into the Poll and I am surprised the 70% positive vote has only moved up and down 5%.

I thought initially it would be pro-property being SS site and then those who are concerned would be heard.

Fascinating Stuff if this result ( thus far) represents the broader investment community.

Peter

Back