potts point / woolloomooloo

Doubt it would be a viable IP but it is lovely... I wouldn't say no if someone said I had to live there for a while ......although my husband would, he just doesn't do stairs :)

Sold for $4M in 05.

Nearly doubled in price from 03-05.

Number 1 sold for $6M. NICE!!!!

Too quick for me Prop.

According to the doom and gloomers, a place like that is worth just shy of $400k as that's the "fair price" calculated from a multiple of the average salary.

lets see what the agents come back with. it's only a 2 bedder, some 180 square metre internal living space. I'd be interested in anything under 2.5m.

lets see what the agents come back with. it's only a 2 bedder, some 180 square metre internal living space. I'd be interested in anything under 2.5m.
It sold for 4m a few years ago and you're expecting to get it for under 2.5?
Has the top end in Sydney had that much of a drop?
That would be near 40%

2/1A Wylde St sold for around 4m and it's a 4 bedder with great harbour views. This is significantly smaller. No harm in trying. I should find out early this week.

Hey Oscar

Getting itchy feet to move again? $4m is a big price even for that part of town but you do have good taste :D

On the upside, you could buy 5 or 6 three bed terrace houses for the same money and get some rental income :)

The agent tells me the vendors expect $6m +. :eek:

I am simply out of touch with Sydney expectations. Been looking at Atlanta for too long!

Jaque - I was looking to take the opportunity to rent it out, before in-patriating (is there such a word?) myself back home in a few years.

I am simply out of touch with Sydney expectations. Been looking at Atlanta for too long!

Jaque - I was looking to take the opportunity to rent it out, before in-patriating (is there such a word?) myself back home in a few years.

Good quality stock hasnt really been out of the market even though there has been a slow down.

ta
rolf

You could get a much nicer place on the other side of the harbour for that imo.

You could get a much nicer place on the other side of the harbour for that imo.

You're probably right Ideo. Every few months I fancy buying a nice PPOR for my eventual repatriation (thanks for the word propertunity), to Australia. The default plan is to move into my eastern suburb flat and mountain home. Clovelly and Leura are nice places to be - I should just stick with that and use the excess funds to enjoy life mortgage free.

Back