Pre Purchase Building Inspections - Sydney

Does anyone have a recommendation as to a good firm to use in Sydney for a residential property or is there a site sponsor in that line of business?

Many thanks

Last edited:
Building report

Hiya

My building inspector,whom i have used many times walks me through the house and tells me how much approximately i would need to spend repairing what...and where i should concentrate on ....

he puts down all the usual disclaimer in the report but tells me in his own words what IS really important/crucial..

then we will have a good chat outside the house by which stage i can tell from nods or winks whether i should buy or abandon house:eek:

I love my building inspector:p he is also (would you believe it) an architect by training:D

The problem with picking a poor inspector is that it defeats the purpose. The purpose of the inspector to tell you exactly whats wrong with it. I have lost count of building inspectors who have failed to tell the owner of fundamental problems with the house.

I had one a few weeks back where the owner used a cheap inspector and the inspector failed to tell the owner and 2 of the roof beams had fallen. Quite unbelievable.

Regards

Shahin

We ended up going with Ausinspect.

Probably the best example of customer service I've experienced in a long while.

After making the booking over the net he was onsite within 3 hours.

We had the combined pest/building inspection done for $550 and for that we got a detailed 40 page report as well as a 50 minute video which showed the inspector going about his work and highlighting problem areas.

I'd thoroughly recommend these people

Thanks to those who recommended them

We ended up going with Ausinspect.

Probably the best example of customer service I've experienced in a long while.

After making the booking over the net he was onsite within 3 hours.

We had the combined pest/building inspection done for $550 and for that we got a detailed 40 page report as well as a 50 minute video which showed the inspector going about his work and highlighting problem areas.

I'd thoroughly recommend these people

Thanks to those who recommended them

That’s impressive!

We have just used Ausinspect, excellent service and comprehensive video report. Great value, we are impressed! Thanks for the recommendation everyone.

Woah, I recall paying $400. Did you choose "extras"?

Back