pre purchase inspection 'etiquette' question

Hi all,
We've just purchased our first IP.
We're meeting the selling agent at the property next week for our 'pre-purchase' inspection (but it's basically so that we can take a whole heap of measurements to plan for cosmetic Reno straight after settlement.)
Being an hour or so from our home, we were going to meet one of the prospective PMs too, and thought it might be a good opportunity for them to see through the property for their appraisal/opinion. Do you think this is reasonable or it will rub the selling agent up the wrong way? If we do, Do you think I advise beforehand or just rock up with the PM with us?

I don't see a problem with that at all!

You also want the PM to be able to see it now and give you an opinion on what is most important to tenants to get the property leased quickly, while not parting with too much money!

I don't see why it would rub the sales agent the wrong way, it's purely up to you whether you decide to give them a heads up or not.

I've gone along to many final inspections with clients and sales agents and never had an issue.

Agree with Skater.
We usually try get in as many visits as possible( if tenanted) and early access if not tenanted.

Back