Predictions on Kallangur, 24km north of Brisbane CBD

I've got a property in Kallangur. This suburb is 24kms north of Brisbane CBD. House will be built by March 2008. Can't make up my mind whether to sell now or wait another 12 months for Brisbane to (hopefully) get to its peak. Herron Todd and White have mentioned that Brisbane's is still a rising market.

Anyone willing to give a prediction on how much (%) Brisbane northern outer suburbs will rise in the next year? I define outer suburbs as anything more than 18 kms from Brisbane CBD.

Kallangur

Hello

If you can hold then I would seriously look at that option, North Lakes, Murrumba Downs is driving the surrounding areas up. Kallangur was in the top 100 best places to buy. I sell in the area and have already seen the increase in that region in the past 6 months.
The option is yours of course so do your sums but great potential.

good luck

Last edited:
Hello

If you can hold then I would seriously look at that option, North Lakes, Murrumba Downs is driving the surrounding areas up. Kallangur was in the top 100 best places to buy. I sell in the area and have already seen the increase in that region in the past 6 months.

Thanks masstec.

Any prediction about how much Kallangur will go up? If it's more than 10%, I may try to hold on. I'm very wary of my cash position.

Hold on to that baby. I am thinking of at least 15% growth in the coming year.

Why do you think it is going to grow by so much? Certainly will hang on to it if there's any indication that it will go up by anywhere near that much. If you are right then new house and land packages will be around $450,000 meaning extra equity for me which I can use for other deals.

Why do you think it is going to grow by so much? Certainly will hang on to it if there's any indication that it will go up by anywhere near that much. If you are right then new house and land packages will be around $450,000 meaning extra equity for me which I can use for other deals.

Many new house and land packages in neighbouring suburbs such as North Lakes have already fetched that much...

Social trend shows that inner Brisbane rapid development had caused inner Brisbane home owners to sell their houses and move to quieter, Strathpine area.

I'd even look further north Caboolture/Morayfield way in the future, prices are rising in this area (which is great for me) but it is pricing a lot of people out, people who would not go south or west, Caboolture still has blocks starting in the $150's whereas Starthpine etc lucky to find anything under $200k

I'd even look further north Caboolture/Morayfield way in the future, prices are rising in this area (which is great for me) but it is pricing a lot of people out, people who would not go south or west, Caboolture still has blocks starting in the $150's whereas Starthpine etc lucky to find anything under $200k

I've just been sent some advertising for Sovereign Rise in Kallangur. Its next to the estate I bought in; advertisers claim it is 20 km from town which is incorrect as it is 25 km from CBD. Prices range from 259K to 289K for blocks averaging 655 sq metres. Had a look at them yesterday, not much different in size and position than my block. I bought my block 10 months ago for $172,50 meaning that my block must have gone up 50% during that time.

8 out of the 14 blocks sold in first week. I cannot understand what is happening to the price of land at the moment. I was told recently that it will soon be impossible to buy land anywhere within 20km from CBD of Brisbane for understand. I think that this prediction was right on the ball.

I've been encouraged by you forumites to keep my property in Kallangur. Will try my best to organise my finances in order to do so

What is the Pros/Cons of Buying versus Building in these areas guys? (i.e. Murrumba Downs, Griffin, Kallangur etc)

I have the equity/money to do either. How much additional value add could I expect to make from buying land and building? (to trade this off against the interest & no rent for the duration of building)

tks

What is the Pros/Cons of Buying versus Building in these areas guys? (i.e. Murrumba Downs, Griffin, Kallangur etc)

I have the equity/money to do either. How much additional value add could I expect to make from buying land and building? (to trade this off against the interest & no rent for the duration of building)

tks

Buying a finished product is a lot less hassle than building. However, if you have built a few times it doesn't become such a big deal. I bought a block of land in Kallangur 9 months ago and expect to have my house finished in about 6 weeks. Having a virtually maintenance free investment property is such a relief after owning a number of high maintenance older homes!!

I've estimated that I should make at least $50,000 out of the project. I've taken into account all costs including interest, stamp duty, legal fees, bank charges.

The strategy of building is a great one if you can find reasonably priced land in the areas that you mentioned . I wouldn't advocate building if you are impatient or easily prone to stress.

Lots of talk about Kallangur, Deception Bay, Caboolture etc Anyone have any thoughts about Narangba?

Anyone own in Narangba? Will it grow this year?

Hmmmm..........the CBA price guide puts Jan 08 median sale at 436k for 4504.

assuming 80% lvr, that's monthly pmts on an IO loan of $2470
which at a dsr of 35% would put the median household income for the postcode at $85000.

even throwing another 20% on the price even over two years will push the median to 523k and income to $101600 at 35% dsr and 89000 at 40% dsr.

all that in the face of rising interest rates and petrol hikes???? this is a highly car reliant area......

can't see the demographic out there pushing the median sale much more than 10% over 2 years......but reckon things will be more likely flat and negative over the next 3......

Yeh I think Narangba has room to grow and catch up with others in the area further South!

The magic question is when will it stop?? Who knows, anyone? (not me - if only)

Hi guys

Any thoughts on Deception Bay? I have just thrown an offer in the ring...only 330 metres from the water on a large block with a 4 bedroom brick home. I'm not 100% on this area so if anyone can shead some light that would be greatly appreciated. I am comparing this area to paying more and buying in Scarborough or Woody Point.

Thanks Sam

Back