Price charged per square meter reroofing

Hi all,

I am looking at buying a house that was effected by latest cyclones in Far North Queensland.

It needs a new roof and there is a lot of water damage inside.

However property is real cheap and there is the pontentiol of good capital gains.
I have some qoutes to re do roofing.

I have been qouted 85 to 120 per sqaure meter to do the roof. This is including materials and bring roof up to code etc.

When I look at the AT0 Website http://www.mytaxzone.com.au/V2/downloads/Benchmarks%20Metal%20Roofing.pdf

It has costs for Aluminium/Zinc coated
steel at 30 dollars to 50 dollars per sqaure meter.

Has roofing cost jumped that much over the last few years????

What is the average square meters for a house?

Cheers
OBJ

Yes it really has jumped that much.

I paid $8700 a few months ago (2010) to reroof a 100ish sqm house including gutters.

I paid $9000 a few years ago (2005) to reroof a 150ish sqm house including fascias - and the fascias cost $3000.

I paid $2000 a few more years ago again (2000) to reroof a 60ish sqm house including gutters AND fascias.

Yay inflation.

Also, I really should stop buying houses that need new rooves. However, based on previous track record I'm going to buy a house in 2015 that needs a new roof :D

Ok Thanks.

I should have mentioned that price includes guttering etc. Dont think it covers insulation.

Old roof and guttering was blown off by cyclone.

Cheers

Prices are pretty variable. Had a couple of quotes, another company wanted to charge about $15,000 for the same 100sqm roof and gutters. Needless to say they didn't get the job :rolleyes:

sounds sort of in ball park figure. recently did mine a couple months ago. 12k to re-roof the house which included removal of old asbestos roof

roofing costs and supplying your own

just an idea - if you want to get a real costing - tell the roofers that you will supply and they do the labour - some wil do it at a per hr,but prefered is a per day rate nd it usually only take a couple of days. The suppliers will sell to you as long as you have a ABN and then you get the trade rate on roofing.

I replaced a roof in WA and it was $14K for a ( get this ) 110mtr house.. guttering and all. the most expensive thing ever and yet in QLD on a 300mtr house is costs$8K.. get that!.

Impossible to tell without plans and specifications. Not every roof is the same - if it's a truss roof (those big A shaped timber or steel structural support thingos) it's more expensive than a skillion roof (where it's just bits of C purlin steel running from one end of the blockwork to the other, with sheetmetal screwed into place above). The more hips (kinks) in the roof, again, the more you pay. Plus then there are things like insulation, thickness of sheetmetal, whether you're going colorbond or zincalume etc etc making a per metre rate pretty useless.

Oh and yeah, as above, prices have skyrocketed and been all over the place because of labour supply issues and steel prices breaking records every other week.

Back