Price withheld

Ive notice a lot of properties on Domain.com that have sold and simply state price withheld.

Is there are reason for this?
If i purchased a report from Domain.com would i be able to see these sale prices?

Cheers

Ive notice a lot of properties on Domain.com that have sold and simply state price withheld.Is there are reason for this?
Yes, real estate agents :rolleyes: You can ring the REA and ask - should not be an issue once contracts are exchanged.

If i purchased a report from Domain.com would i be able to see these sale prices?
It takes about 3 months for the price data to flow thru to the reporting / data collection / data providers.

My brother has a similar dilemma. The private treaty sale result for an apartment block has been withheld, probably because there is an identical apartment being sold with the same agent in the same block. (Given that both of the apartments appeared on the market at the same time, it's probably the same person who owns them.)

I checked onthehouse but the result for the 1st apartment hasn't come through yet... is there any way to find out the "withheld" price for the 1st apartment, so that he can find out so that he can judge how much to offer for the 2nd apartment?

the 1st apartment sold in September.

Cheers :)

I can help with Sold prices* on Domain but I don't really want Domain to know. :D Best if you PM me for details.

*not exact price but: sold between X and X.

Last edited:
My brother has a similar dilemma. The private treaty sale result for an apartment block has been withheld, probably because there is an identical apartment being sold with the same agent in the same block. (Given that both of the apartments appeared on the market at the same time, it's probably the same person who owns them.)

I checked onthehouse but the result for the 1st apartment hasn't come through yet... is there any way to find out the "withheld" price for the 1st apartment, so that he can find out so that he can judge how much to offer for the 2nd apartment?

the 1st apartment sold in September.

Cheers :)

If the property is in NSW do an online title search. This will show the reference number for the transfer. Then do an online request for a copy of the transfer. All up will cost about $25. You will need to wait until the property has been settled for 3 to 4 weeks to amke sure the documents are lodged

Are you a hacker/programmer?

You can normally get a ball park figure by the way you search the results:

Enter suburb in sold search - ensure that include surrounding suburb box is ticked;

When page loads locate fold out menu (sort Results...) on top right side of page and chose search by lowest price;

Page reloads with properties listed with lowest price first;

Locate property and gauge price off properties below and above on list.

Are you a hacker/programmer?

Hi Pat, I'm not a hacker. But I am a database analyst and I did notice that the Sort function works perfectly well even with the prices hidden. I didn't want to spell that out to domain and the agents who hide their prices but Collector let the cat out of the bag! :eek: :D

Hi Pat, I'm not a hacker. But I am a database analyst and I did notice that the Sort function works perfectly well even with the prices hidden. I didn't want to spell that out to domain and the agents who hide their prices but Collector let the cat out of the bag! :eek: :D

Douglas - I don't think domain would be too worried about it - I'm sure that if the agent really did not want anyone to know the price they would remove the property from the internet altogether.

Searching by price can also be beneficial when looking at properties listed without a price or that are going to Auction.

Back