Privacy screen - non reflective

A while back, possibly in one of Nathan Birchs videos I saw a security/privacy screen that I have now been trying to find locally without much luck,

It was metal, high strength fine mesh. From outside it had a high obscurity factor, but from the inside visibility/light was good.

I was going to use a film but have run into issues with a covenant dealing with reflective building materials. The non reflective films are a lot darker which makes the room look dim.

Any hints to a brand name would be appreciated.

would a semi-translucent blind achieve the same purpose?

This video has a white blind, but the darker the blind, the more light get through. So, best to go for black or brown. we have these on every window. its very effective for privacy during the day but not at nigt, so you need a block out over the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7eTR_jex2g

Hi we make security screens and use a product called DVA one way mesh

Thanks that looks very similar. Toilet mesh is standard flyscreen.

I do already have a price for blinds mentioned ($2300) and I might use them if can't find a better option. Not fond of blinds/venetian's etc they seem to be high wear with tenants.

The reflective film was a great option, $1000 to do about 12m width in window's, 30 year guarantee.

My mesh was a anti thft grill.

I think it was grill mesh or something along these lines. It was unbreakable, the other stuff with the diamonds on it is not much better than flyscreen.

Nathan.

Back