property investor psychological profile - an informed opinion!

obsessive-compulsive tendencies with a myopic personality not unlike stamp collectors. Mother weened too early and father was innatentive resulting in investors high need for visible security and serial successes. Has highly adapted to his fitness landscape through Darwinian principles of knowledgable and healthy competition. Repressed megalomania manifesting in suburban empire building due to psychosocial factors resulting from "right animal in the wrong place". Was a rabbit in a past life with current projection of desiring offspring acted out in property acquisition. Favorite game: monopoly. Favourite band: crowded house. Least favorite film: the empire strikes back. Favorite insect: the ant. Prognosis: curable only with an interest rate hike of 3%

Let me guess………. this used to be your ex and you’re like this because of a really crummy property settlement………….:)

Actually:

Queen is my longest serving favorite band. Crowed house is only ok.

Monopoly was my brothers favorate game (he's now a stockbroker and knows almost nothing about property).

I have some desire for offspring, but certainly not like a rabbit does.

Favorite insect: The honey bee. Least favorite, the (white) ant. :)

I've got two copies of Empire Strikes back (original and remastered). It's one of my favorite 10 ten movies ever!

A 3% interest rate hike will only produce more oppertuinities. :p

I'll go with Queen , thought at the moment I like Matchbox twenty / Blackeyed peas and Avril Lavigne.

Was a swedish Valhund in previous life.

Least Favourite movies Seven and Avengers ( for different reasons ) one was sick , the other was just bad.

Favourite insect is the Christmas Beetle.

Favourite game, Cluedoe.

See Change

Well I actually like Alad Jones, although he is not a band, if you were going to buy me a CD for Christmas, that would be the one. Hubby was going to do just that but I told him I would rather have More Wealth From Residential Property as I am the only person on the forum who hasn't read it.

Two offspring is a good number, then they don't out-number their parents. I don't know if it is really the offspring the rabbits are after. That's just the result of what they are really after!

Favourite movie, just about anything with Carey Grant, lets say North By NorthWest. For something more modern I really liked Jerry McGuire too.

I hate all insects. Like spiders, they have way too many legs.

Games, pictionary is fun!

Originally posted by Robyne
Well I actually like Alad Jones, although he is not a band, if you were going to buy me a CD for Christmas, that would be the one.
Is that Aled Jones at 12 years old or now?

(The duet of the two on the newest CD is very good, but that's only one track)

Okay, I'll come in here. You were spot on with the absent father deal, but the rest (for me) is about as opposite as it gets.
Favourite band: The Ramones (whom everyone knows are the greatest band ever), but I'm really digging on the Brody's Militia/Widespread Bloodshed split CD at the moment. Total million miles per hour balls to the wall migraine inducingly fast thrash. Awesome! My favourite release of this year.
Movies: well, my all time favourite is The Godfather, absolutely fantastic, and my tastes lean towards ultra-violent flicks in general, but I do like the Star Wars series. A good pick for this years best would be Battle Royale.
I don't believe in past lives or even an afterlife, so I wasn't anything before I am who I am now (does that make sense?). And my favourite game is 13, which is a lot of fun to play with a group of four people and a bottle of whiskey! Ha ha.

Originally posted by louise
obsessive-compulsive tendencies with a myopic personality not unlike stamp collectors. Mother weened too early and father was innatentive resulting in investors high need for visible security and serial successes. Has highly adapted to his fitness landscape through Darwinian principles of knowledgable and healthy competition. Repressed megalomania manifesting in suburban empire building due to psychosocial factors resulting from "right animal in the wrong place". Was a rabbit in a past life with current projection of desiring offspring acted out in property acquisition. Favorite game: monopoly. Favourite band: crowded house. Least favorite film: the empire strikes back. Favorite insect: the ant. Prognosis: curable only with an interest rate hike of 3%

I'm sorry - is this serious?

And what's with the informed opinion bit.....

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi Louise,

Im with Acey here...

Can you explain how your opinion is informed?

Im assuming this is from a magazine...
Do you have a source?

Jamie :d

Last edited:
the confessional: aka undercover psycho comes clean

I'm sorry - is this serious? (Aceyducey)

NO OF COURSE IT IS NOT SERIOUS!!! (NB: earlier big grin) (L)

And what's with the informed opinion bit..... (Aceyducey)

Invitation to comment (see meeting point) based on my day job (L).

Can you explain how your opinion is informed? (Jamie :d)

several houses, testamurs and years of self-reflection under the belt

Im assuming this is from a magazine... Do you have a source?(Jamie :d)

no mag; just the annals (NB: Nx2) of my mind (L)

hope that eases your pain. in good humour.....
L

"The skill of accurate perception is called cynicism by those who don't possess it."
-Alan Millar

Re: the confessional: aka undercover psycho comes clean

NO OF COURSE IT IS NOT SERIOUS!!! (NB: earlier big grin)

Ta,

I didn't see a big grin & as this forum is usually used for posting serious things & given some of the people who've made posts recently - I wasn't sure if this was actually something you seriously believed or not :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

the post was original posted in the meeting point, not here - it somehow migrated toward its perceived rightful place which only goes to show that once a concept is born is takes on a life of its own.
:p

Dear Louise,

You did well. Some missed the constructive and light hearted psychological analysis of the humble property investor.

Always good to get another viewpoint!

Who say's property investors don't like to play monopoly in real life?

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Least favorite film: the empire strikes back.

Oops... I own an original trilogy set on VHS, a special edition trilogy set on VHS, a special edition trilogy set on Laser Disc (I got the last two copies of this set ever shipped to Australia - sold one at a healthy profit), and I'm waiting on the original trilogy (or special edition trilogy) to be released on DVD. I also have the soundtracks to the movies in various formats.

Guess I'd better not invite you to my next StarWars movie marathon day (like I had recently for my 30th birthday party).

obsessive-compulsive tendencies
- No really. I a sharer. I share my real estate so other can have decent place to abode in.

with a myopic personality not unlike stamp collectors.
- To hell with stamps. I dont want to put anything in a book so no one can see it.

Mother weened too early
- Well we had formula.... if you dont have the time use it.

and father was innatentive resulting in investors high need for visible security and serial successes.
- B]That and he was an *******[/B]

Has highly adapted to his fitness landscape through Darwinian principles of knowledgable and healthy competition.
-[Yes, every human must improvise, overcome and ADAPT to survive in any habitat.

Repressed megalomania manifesting in suburban empire building due to psychosocial factors resulting from "right animal in the wrong place".
- Wrong place... right type of animal.

Was a rabbit in a past life
- I can say that I only concerned with this life

with current projection of desiring offspring acted out in property acquisition.
- Offspring, yes. But we should also care about the children in this world now as well.

Favorite game: monopoly.
-I have to admit latety it Cashflow the E-game.......but usually 1st person shootem ups.

Favourite band: crowded house.
- The Living End and Rage Against the Machine

Least favorite film: the empire strikes back.
- IMHO, The Phantom Menace really sucked.

Favorite insect: the ant.
- Got me there. Most are annoying to me so I get the bug spray.

Prognosis: curable only with an interest rate hike of 3%
- The addiction is in here to stay, is no cure except DEATH.

Respect, Peace, Out.

OPM-addict

Back