Property Journo's

After responding to a post today it has lead me to ask the forum, who are your favourite Property Experts/writers

This does not mean they have to be a Journo (as the chances are ......well slim....

Before I attack further I would like to say that I have some good relationships with at least two Sydney Journo's who do not belong to this group.

There is a Sydney Property writer who weekly comments to US
BUT
Only holds a ppor
Has never purchased an IP
And if read this forum would be feel like an amature.

But he/or she gets to influence so many readers every week.
Another example, around 2 years ago
I mentioned an area where I was intending to buy and develop. To a Person in Sydney

The So called expert ,,,,
who would be in the top ten most famous property figures in Australia ,,,,,,,

laughed at me & basicly said you are speculating outside the good strong postcodes that have HISTORICLY always been proven to out perform all others.

So the moral to that is thank god I didn't run with those comments.

Ok!!!! That area has doubled in growth,last 2 yrs .....but compared to the advice he/she gave me...... it was a gold mine. If I want a laugh nowadays & Jerry,elaine & cramer arn't about I pick up the paper & investment magazines to get a similar result.

My choice is John edwards to nominate as an expert. But it is hard to speak to him or get his own advice...

SO does anyone have similar stories or have some good vibes on an expert (who are in the public eye)

cheers OV

Last edited:
Ocean View,

We're also in journalistic circles, and frankly there is not a single journo currently writing about property that I'd consider qualified to write about property investing.

But the game isn't being qualified, it's about being controversial & entertaining and occasionally thought-provoking.

All the successful journos are good at that!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

When I was interviewed last year, I did ask the interviewers if they invested.

The print media journo said she did not- "it helped her to remain objective"
The print media photographer did not- "My cameras are my investment"
The TV interviewer did not.

The only person who did, and who was doing OK, was the TV soundman.

Back