Property Manager Ipswich?

Hi,
I am new to property investing and have just bought a property in Redbank Plains and I am after some advice about how to go about finding a good property manager. Any tips would be appreciated, ta.:)

Ipswich PM

Hi Chookie,

I have a couple of properties around that area, and my PM is exceptional!! They even call every now and then just to get feedback on their performance - something I've never had with a PM before.
Very impressed, especially compared to all the other properties...

Mayne Realty. Keran Shaw. (07) 5574 3100

-Shell.

Ipswich PM

Chookie,

I have had a property there since 2003 and have had a very capable and efficicient property manager looking after it for me. Best PM I have ever had in fact! :) Susan Lowry from The Prefessionals, 07 3812 3888,

Chris

I'm currently using Action Realty, have been for about 4 years. It seems lately though that they are not very efficient. Got a letter from them recently regarding fitting smoke alarms and am left wondering why they weren't fitted when I gave them permission to do so last year?

Also had a massive water bill and asked them to send a plumber around to check if anything was leaking. They sent a handyman who said the shower was splashing water on the floor, which I knew about already and had asked to have fixed 3 or so years ago.

Now new plumber who was sent to fix toilet has picked up on leaking pipe between meter and house. I'm very upset both at the money that was wasted and all that precious water that has gone down the drain :confused:

Sorry to vent, but sick of having un pro active property managers. Not sure what I'm paying them for....

Let us know how you go.

v

Stathams Ipswich is in the process of selling their business to Waterman's Rent my Property. I have transfer documents to sign to allow Waterman's to manage my properties but I'm not so sure about this. In the fine print it says they get 1/2 week's rent just for renewing a lease with an existing tenant.

Any recommendations for an alternative pm? I prefer a local, not imported one.

I'm going to try Switch realty in Ipswich. I bought a property through the Principal, and she seems very professional.
I also like the fact that they have a flat rate fee, plus postage & petties.
A few others I have approached have a dozen other charges on top of the management fee.

Back