Property Manager playing games

Hi all, I have a situation where I want to change PM's.

Situation is as follows :

Current tenant has provided 30 day notice.
I advised agency that I would like to appoint new PM.
Agency telling me now that I need to give them 90 days notice as per contract.

What options do I have in dealing with this difficult PM who wants to enforce the 90 day notice period ?

Hi all, I have a situation where I want to change PM's.

Situation is as follows :

Current tenant has provided 30 day notice.
I advised agency that I would like to appoint new PM.
Agency telling me now that I need to give them 90 days notice as per contract.

What options do I have in dealing with this difficult PM who wants to enforce the 90 day notice period ?

1. Why are you changing ?..

2. Have you chosen the new pm yet ?

If you're leaving cause you're unhappy, list down whatit is you weren't happy about.

If you have a new pm in mind, approach the agency (current one) about the new pm not being able to wait 90 days, what can we do. when they mention the fee, say does that really apply when (you ansers to Question 1)

Last edited:
In the agreement you signed with the PM you agreed to a 90 day notice period. There is not much you can do if the company enforces it.

Just make sure that you change this clause in any new agreement you sign with another PM. 30 days is more than adequate, less if you can.
Marg

No game sorry.

You signed a contract.

Other party wants to enforce the contract.

Other party will have your rent money to deduct their 90 days commission from before the new PM picks up the keys.

0 days for all future agreements.

I'd still and get them to not charge me 90 days.

My last PM agreed with my emil/fax asking to cancel and not pay any such fees.

Haha, Ray White again, on yesterday's ABC 7.30
The owner of the Randwick office is working with the liquidator. And your contract is their asset and they can sell the asset to pay off the debts.

what did you request in email ?

Well ntification I guess aht i would be ending the contrat with the to act as my propeorty mangers at of the month. With regret etc but due to this and thiat perfomranc of pm, which I believe was a breach of contract therefore making me not liable for paying and exit fees etc..

I can't remember how I put it.. Probably more than I needed to put based on the pm's quick phone call back asking why and then next time sconfriming no fees owuld be sought and paperwork would be ready on the day.

Continue with the contract.

Have the tenants pay you the rent directly.
Charge the tenants "nil" rent for the period.

90 days later switch PM's.

Not saying its legal, but its up to them to prove it :p

Many years ago when I had a property that had a contract on it and I wanted to change over it co-incided with a change of tenants. I just told them to not re-let the property and to hand back all the keys, as we were going to do some work to the place.

I can't remember what it is that we did, but do recall that it wasn't a lot. We then just listed it with a different agency.

1. As others have said, it's not "playing games", they're simply enforcing their contractual rights.

2. If they're in liquidation, as suggested by chris01, you'll find that they're legally unable to release you from the contract, because it would be to the detriment of creditors.

Suck it up, move on.

all agents will want their 90 days notice

what I would do is find a new PM ask them to manage your property for 90days for free or get them to pay out the management fees

this way no cost out of your pocket and you can change managements now

and change the PAMD 20a to 30days with the next agent

Back