Property Swap

Hello Forumites,

Has anyone ever conducted a property swap? What are the legal implications? Can you swap a property and value both properties at $1, and thus save on stamp duty?

I've seen a number of websites which provide an intermediately service and was wondering whether this is a viable way of offloading my current house and receiving one alike in a different city.

Regards,

The Decimator4000

Hello Forumites,

Has anyone ever conducted a property swap? What are the legal implications? Can you swap a property and value both properties at $1, and thus save on stamp duty?

I've seen a number of websites which provide an intermediately service and was wondering whether this is a viable way of offloading my current house and receiving one alike in a different city.

Regards,

The Decimator4000

A much better idea would be to just rent each others house. Then you get all the tax benefits and can rollback if you change your mind.

Hello Forumites,

Regards,

The Decimator4000

I've heard of it as a short term holiday option only

My parents even did this when we were kids, so not new

Back