property warrents

I will post on your thread jit shortly

I will explain on jit thread as I understand warrants shortly. I wish to contribute. I do not believe I know everything. Infact the longer I am involved in property investment the less I know. It is a huge world wide market.

Hi there Nigel

New and informative information is always (well mostly) welcome. I wonder if however the first sentence

"One of the most exciting developments in property investment are property warrants."

Sounds like a sale pitch rather than sharing a new discovery. So people are then more guarded as they read on.......

As a property investor its easy to feel that people are selling to you at every corner and it can feel most annoying and frustrating.

But yes please come share. Do you have any interesting stories about the US and the subprime fallout or have you been more focused elsewhere of late?

Like Goanna, I am more than happy to read about new information, but like she said, the tone of the first sentance did get my heckles up. Anything that sounds like a sales pitch, whether it is on a forum, door to door, or from a telemarketer etc, will instantly get the worst of me.:eek:

So, Nigel, if you are here to participate in the forum, without any hidden agenda's, I appologise if I come on a little strong. If on the other hand, you are trying to push your own barrel so to speak, then I make no appology for my bad behaviour.

warrants

It was not meant to be a sales pitch. I am not a financial planner so I cannot sell them. I am excited because it may be something that can help a lot of people. I have always been annoyed by capital gains tax. There has not been a lot of incentive for people to save money in Australia. In New Zealand they do not have capital gains tax and the levels of depreciation are far higher than they are here. To me the property warrant is the first serious attempt by the government to encourage people to save. It will not have a high take up rate because most financial planning companies are not pro property and secondly most property marketing companies do not have the brains or ethics to work out the detail.

I do work in the property industry but with all my travelling and research I have spent more money than I have earnt over the last 5 years. So I put my money where my mouth in terms of doing the research and learning l I can.

In terms of the US market different parts of the states have been effected in different ways. San Antonio has gone up by around 11% where other parts have fallen. New home sales are flat throughout the country including San Antonio. One city I do like is Indianapolis. You can buy property their with returns of 14-18%. I hope to go sometime next year on buying trip for myself. It is part of my aim to build an assest base in the United States.

I do work in the property industry but with all my travelling and research I have spent more money than I have earnt over the last 5 years.

Are you sure you're not suffering from analysis paralysis; 5 years is an awfully long time to research an area without doing much about it personally. Like yesterday's paper research can depreciate quickly if not acted upon and it's often a balance between speed and prudence.

The last five years have been kind to property investors. Any half serious investor who hasn't made enough in this period to fund all the travelling/research they want to do should really review their approach.

So I put my money where my mouth in terms of doing the research and learning l I can.

'Doing research and learning' is an interesting definition of putting 'money where my mouth (is)'.

Wouldn't a better definition have been buying for yourself with your own money? To me this is a more substantive commitment than either claiming to be 'doing the research and learning' or recommending that others buy.

With the federal election called, I trust you'll neither be researching nor selling, instead doing the patriotic duty and supporting your party's endorsed candidate (Petro Georgiou) despite past differences.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am referring to what I have earnt through services

Not invested. I have purchased in Australia New Zealand and the United States. I am referring to what I have made through buying services.

In terms of Kooyong I was vice chairman, my dislike of the local member goes far beyond policy. However I support the party not the man.

Back