Proximity to passing train

Hi, I know there have been some previous topics about this, but was just after some peoples opinion on it.
I am looking at an elevated apartment on the top floor which is approx 50 meters away from a passing train. It looks as if the level of the train is slightly lower than the apartment so privacy is not an issue as such. There is another building that is located between this building and the tracks and half blocks the train.
Would this be too close to put people off?

Ha, I used to live where the vline trains frequented and could hear the horn going off from my house which was nearly 4k's from the station and road crossing.

Ditto. Amazing the distance a train horn can travel at night especially.

Keep from visual sight and excessive train noise. If you can stand in the front yard and hear train chatter over a normal conversation, it can be a significant problem, from the bank valuation, a smaller renting pool and continuing values.

It's an issue, you are viewing the property through the eyes of someone who will live or rent there always.

A few points

> Not all train lines are equal, some are higher traffic and some might only go a few more stops and have infrequent visits, no freight/cargo/coal trains etc.
> Closer the better (to a station, not just the line) sometimes when you have land upside, ability to develop at some point, not so if you don't have this potential
> Noise travels up and we can hear our train well over 1k away when listening so some noise will be inevitable
> In slower market the 'B' grade locations can take a lot longer to move, in strong markets everything can sell well.

Back