PSD to Wordpress

Obviously a really random place to ask for advice, but noticed there are a lot of IT folk who frequent these forums so thought I would ask: Does anyone know anyone amazing at converting PSD to wordpress?

I have looked at about a billion companies and have had quotes from $400 in India to $3K in Australia. So far I have found flaws in every company, so thought what better than to ask if anyone has any personal experience and recommendations with this.

I really want a proper full time developer (better still team of developers) who can demonstrate their credentials and who I can rely on to be around in the years to come as my site grows.

I know this is a long shot, but this is driving me crazy.

How complex is the site?
You'll find some of the cheaper ones 'CAN' do it, because they've done other similar conversions. However if they come across a database or application or widget or whatever then that's going to add truckloads of time while they figure it out.
My advice is to be very specific in what your requirements are.

How complex is the site?
You'll find some of the cheaper ones 'CAN' do it, because they've done other similar conversions. However if they come across a database or application or widget or whatever then that's going to add truckloads of time while they figure it out.
My advice is to be very specific in what your requirements are.

I have no doubt many people can do it, but I want someone who has a reputation for doing it well, ensuring it is optimised for SEO and error free. Happy to pay for the right developer, I just cant work out who that is lol.

There's been times (workload) where I've had to contract local developers to WordPress my designs. My conclusion: It's not ideal - the process takes longer than it should with a lot of hand-holding required throughout the process. There was even one instance where I would have actually saved time if I had coded the theme myself (I wrote a 35 point email to the developer highlighting stuff that was wrong, even after that it took weeks and countless emails getting it pixel perfect). I may be unlucky though by being referred to sloppy developers as there's probably a lot better around. I've had quotes ranging from $800 for a simple site to $2,400 for something a bit more complicated. Sorry this doesn't really address your question, I just thought I'd share my experience.

Let me know how you go though and if you have any luck. I'm always looking to expand my supplier base.

Richard Feynman you are a legend. Thank you this is exactly the kind of thing I am after.

Also thank you Jaspn, I have zero technical knowledge so can only imagine how frustrating it would be for yourself. Appreciate you sharing your experience.

Richard Feynman you are a legend. Thank you this is exactly the kind of thing I am after.

Also thank you Jaspn, I have zero technical knowledge so can only imagine how frustrating it would be for yourself. Appreciate you sharing your experience.

No probs. Let us know how it goes. :)

Obviously a really random place to ask for advice, but noticed there are a lot of IT folk who frequent these forums so thought I would ask: Does anyone know anyone amazing at converting PSD to wordpress?

I have looked at about a billion companies and have had quotes from $400 in India to $3K in Australia. So far I have found flaws in every company, so thought what better than to ask if anyone has any personal experience and recommendations with this.

I really want a proper full time developer (better still team of developers) who can demonstrate their credentials and who I can rely on to be around in the years to come as my site grows.

I know this is a long shot, but this is driving me crazy.

You could try
http://www.guru.com/
elance.com
www.odesk.com
http://www.rent-acoder.com/
http://www.vworker.com/

Hire someone with feedback and not just the cheapest developer

aso let the developers know your wanting a full site development

as there are those who can convert to wordpress they basically build out the site but have no clue how to run the back end.

a designer is different to a developer.
You may already know this but you would be surprised how many people I see wanting a fully custom developed site including back end members areas etc for a few hundred bucks.

so if you just want it turned into a word press theme let designers know.
If you want more put you want a wordpress developer not a designer.

Back