Purchaser already redirected mail to me.

I am curious what the real issue is here. While it may be strange to have the mail directed to the address prior to settlement it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, I'd just put it in a cupboard and leave it for them on settlement but you're obvious upset about something.
Do you feel you were pressured into accepting a price or conditions you weren't comfortable with maybe?
You mention lies on the behalf or the purchaser, what could they possibly lie about? they offer a price and you either accept it not, what else is there?

I am curious what the real issue is here.

Thanks for asking, whilst I am not attatched to my house at all, its a new house and was someone elses dream, I bought it as used and have never felt like it was my home but like it was a nice place to live in. I feel like a caretaker more than anything and there is an underlying issue which I will explain in a bit.

While it may be strange to have the mail directed to the address prior to settlement it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, I'd just put it in a cupboard and leave it for them on settlement but you're obvious upset about something.

Well yes, I didnt feel that I needed to get all their brand new car purchases they made send me their receipts and stuff, the buyer has a place they are staying at now (near my house) so I dont know why they had to send it to me.

Do you feel you were pressured into accepting a price or conditions you weren't comfortable with maybe?

I wrongfully accepted the buyers conditions, although prepared for giving the agent a written counter offer was refused and instead he dropped his commission by 4k (is that normal).

You mention lies on the behalf or the purchaser, what could they possibly lie about? they offer a price and you either accept it not, what else is there?

I am not sure if it was the buyer or just the agent but a nagging phone call by the agent "the buyer wants you to know that your house is valued at X blah blah blah blah blah blah blah" a few days earlier pee'd me off.

Of course I have my valuations I know what it is worth but with the issue of having to use... 4 different real estate companies and 10 agents over 15 months, knowing both the buyer and agents games kind of got thrown under the train...

I just wanted an honest buyer... Wasn't about the price... Would have sold for much much less if anyone showed affordability/unaffordability genuinity as I own the house 99.5%

But this buyer and the agent (again new arrival from a country where the buyer pays the real estate agent) seem to have been working side by side.

Of course things to give up = to the right person its OK but to someone claiming how they can't pay any more/ get a loan/ LMI and everything else from the agent. Things just didn't add up...

Sound like you had a bad experience with the RE, if the RE rang you and actually said "the buyer wants you to know that your house is valued at X blah blah blah blah blah blah blah", thats terrible behaviour on their part IMHO.

I guess all you can do in this situation is learn from the experience and move on.

Don't be petty, you agreed to a deal with the purchaser, they didn't make you do it, you must have been satisfied with the offer.
You could return the mail to sender or even throw it out or you could be a nice person and just put them in a pile and leave them there when you move out.

Would you like some cheese with that?
Personally I like cheese when I have a good wine.
:rolleyes:

Seriously - someone bought your house, with terms and conditions you agreed to.
If you werent happy with them, why did you agree to them? The agent dropped his fee - so what? the sale was worth more to him than no sale.
The buyer did their research and offered what they thought was a price they could get the property for and did.

Even if the misrepresented themselves - who cares. Its pretty normal.

I will enter every negotiation with an act. Either a clueless half wit who is just trying to get what he can afford (which isnt much).
Or Im a multi bazillionaire - and dont have time for these petty games. Theres lots of deals to be had - take it or leave it - quick - Im in a hurry to get on my jet.

If youve been had - it doesnt sound like you have lost out at all (you sold your property). live and learn - nothing bad has or will come of it.

Be a gentleman and return the mail to its rightful owner.

now... more wine anyone?

blacky you have taken unlawful possession of my thoughts and are in clear breach of our unwritten, unspoken and yet to be discussed contract. please cease and desist immediately

Confuzzled.

Sounds like you are a new arrival from a different country.

In Australia when you sell a property you agree to certain terms relating to the sale. Verbal promises are meaningless and lies irrelevant.

The mail issue you brought up is simply ridiculous. Surely you are joking?

Confuzzled.

Sounds like you are a new arrival from a different country.

In Australia when you sell a property you agree to certain terms relating to the sale. Verbal promises are meaningless and lies irrelevant.

The mail issue you brought up is simply ridiculous. Surely you are joking?

^^^ this ^^^

... instead he dropped his commission by 4k (is that normal).

... with the issue of having to use... 4 different real estate companies and 10 agents over 15 months,....
Normally I don't feel sympathy for RE agents but...:p

I just wanted an honest buyer... Wasn't about the price... Would have sold for much much less if anyone showed affordability/unaffordability genuinity as I own the house 99.5%
That doesn't make sense to me. I would sell my property to the buyer who is offering the highest price. I don't care what they tell me about their life.

Once I asked my wife "Do you think we can borrow money from your parents?" in front of the selling agent so that he would stop trying any higher. It worked :)

Last edited:
Normally I don't feel sympathy for RE agents but...:p

That doesn't make sense to me. I would sell my property to the buyer who is offering the highest price. I don't care what they tell me about their life.

Once I asked my wife "Do you think we can borrow money from your parents?" in front of the selling agent to not trying any higher. It worked :)

i also question the "it wasnt about price" bit because 10 agents in 15 months kind of contradicts that and certainly points to there being some other serious issues.

Of course I have my valuations I know what it is worth but with the issue of having to use... 4 different real estate companies and 10 agents over 15 months

So... sounds like buyer offered fair market value, cause 15 months on the market tells me you got what it was worth. Sellers remorse? Does that exist?

I hear that snails like wet mail. :rolleyes:

If you need to delay settlement, either negotiate an extension or just don't settle on the day (they will then need to serve notice to complete after 2 weeks, there is generally no penalty on the owner for not settling).

Back