Qld TAFE property course

Heard about the Gold Coast TAFE property investment course at Brisbane Property Expo today. Has anyone here done it? It costs $1795 (one night a week for 20 weeks, plus a few Saturdays)

$1795 would buy a lot of books....

phwoooooooaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr...geez it'd want to be good.

no mate i haven't heard of it and i must admit i bypassed the tafe info at the expo, but i would have a look at who the tutors are and see what qualifications they have to give investment advice and more importantly do they follow the advice they give - i.e. are they investors and practice what they preach!!

further, check out the subject details and see if the info is readily available elsewhere and also check out if they'll give you the details of an ex student you can talk to to see what they got out of it.

cheers
UC

There's 1000+ active members on this forum (according to the stats). Now, I don't know every one of them, but I can tell out out of the ones that I do know there are numerous self-made IP and investment multi-millionaires.

And they're posting here for free.

I guarantee that the ROI you get from a careful reading of this forum will far exceed anything you get from TAFE.

$1795 would buy a lot of books....

Yeah, but of the dozens of books written on IPs I reckon there's <10 actually worth buying (beyond a few "classics" they just get repetitive imho).

M

ps. the best education you'll ever get is by doing.

I guarantee that the ROI you get from a careful reading of this forum will far exceed anything you get from TAFE.

My thoughts too. Just wanted to see if anyone had any first hand experience.

The talk by Peter Koulizos (gold coast tafe) was good (he talked on the top 10 suburbs to invest in) but I couldn't help feeling that you could come up with a different 10 and still be on a winner.

Any other talks you listened to Coolie?

I'm going tomorrow and thought I would listen to that Peter guy for one.

I thought the talks were good on the whole. The speakers with books recycled their book message (most books could probably be 2 pages long for the amount of real content in them)

Margaret Lomas - buy every State, don't buy in one horse towns, don't physically look at the property, that Steve McKnight bloke is the devil incarnate

Michael Yardney - buy every state, but time to the cycle (property cycle, not menstrual)

Tony Melvin - you need a structure, keep your property winnings away from the tax man and that no good son in law who divorced your daughter

Terry Taylor - population up, families down (?), need lots and lots of units and townhouses to put them all in

Andrew Child - buy in a good area, let us do your mortgage. His side kick then gave real world examples (of clients they cross collateralised in knots)

All good fun. I am thinking of going back today to catch some of the ones I missed (reno kings, noel whittaker and a few more}

Back