Question about selling your property

Hi All,

I am thinking about selling my property at Box Hill area, and have meet an agent from Ray White about this.

They gave me 1.5% comissions fee + GST for quiet listing.

Is that a normal agent comission fee here in Melbourne area? Can I negotiate this agent fee more less or the 1.5% they gave me is already good enough?

Your Feedback will appreciated.

Thank you :D

sounds good to me! i wouldn't do a sale for 1.5% thats for sure... 2.5% or i may neogotiate to 2% including at the very lowest... depending on the factors involved in the sale.

I thought 2-3% was pretty standard so 1.5% I would think is very good. If it includes advertising just ensure they do advertise where most the other agents do, i.e. all websites, local newspapers etc. I've heard of some agencies saying they don't charge extra for advertising but then skimp on it. I'd rather pay a little bit more and make sure every potential buyer knows my property is on the market. To save a few hundred, maybe $1K in advertising may not be worth losing a buyer who might be prepared to pay an extra $5-10K!

Thanks for the feedback all.

The offer is not included advertising. Its only for quiet listing where he just telling his customer that seeing his other property about my property.

Is quiet listing a good way to go? I am not in a rush and this property is my PPOR.

Is quiet listing a good way to go? I am not in a rush and this property is my PPOR.

Why have only a handful of potential purchasers know about your property? Why not open it up to as many as possible? That's how you get the highest price. Sure there maybe some issues with having more people look and the extra cost of advertising but I would think you're crazy if you don't maximise the number of potential buyers.

I agee with GOOLS. you are better off having more buyers know about it... more chance for competition between buyers which will ensure you get the max possible price.

Back