Questions from PM.......HuH

Below,are 2 emailed questions to me today,who should pay for a digital antenna?
Next,the laundry cold water runs on rainwater,not mains.Hot water is mains pressure,but cold is gravity fed.Should or would i be expected to provide a pressure cold water point??

We believe the antenna is not digital ready. It did not worry the Afghan
gentlemen but may concern your new tenants.

Would you be able to tell us the workings of the taps in the laundry and the rainwater tanks? Due to the new baby, the new tenants will need good supply for a washing machine. Currently, we believe it is only hot water and rainwater.

If you don't want to pay for a new Antenna installation (usually around $400 - $500) then the tenants could use 'rabbit ears' internal antenna - but this may not be effective if you are in a poor coverage area. In our experience most owners will py to install an antenna, it stays with the house when the tenants move out.

In regard to water supply, if the water is gravity fed from the rainwater tank it really should have a pump to ensure sufficient water pressure. In Canberra I believe rainwater tanks that are connected to the laundry and toilets must have a pump installed to ensure sufficeint water pressure. I would be worried that if the water pressure is not sufficient and it damages thier appliances that you may be up for the repair costs. It is reasonable to expect that the water supply to the washer would be sufficient in order to operate a washer.

Hope this info was helpful.

If the house has mains pressure then I'd expect that it be available for the cold water too BUT is this part of achieving your energy efficiency requirements of the house (if it is reasonably newly built).

Instal a new aerial as it will be there for a long time - you may consider additional outlets as well.

Below,are 2 emailed questions to me today,who should pay for a digital antenna?
Next,the laundry cold water runs on rainwater,not mains.Hot water is mains pressure,but cold is gravity fed.Should or would i be expected to provide a pressure cold water point??

Ask for increased rent to recover.

If you don't want to pay for a new Antenna installation (usually around $400 - $500)

I hope that includes re-cabling the house to the RG6 quadshield they recommend for best signal.
Assuming its a standard pole it takes less than a hour to change one over. New one $100-150 without getting into the cheap china imports.

Back