R Codes and driveways near street corners (WA)

Hi All
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how any council would ever approve of a new driveway for this new dwelling so close to the corner truncation when it violates the R code rules below? Its only a concept drawing but is it possible to build the driveway so close and why?

The property is R17.5/25 in Morley.
https://reiwa.com.au/Real-Estate/Perth-Metropolitan/3454912

WA R Codes:
C5.3 Driveways shall be:
? no closer than 0.5m from a side lot boundary or street pole;
? no closer than 6m to a street corner or the point at which a carriageway
begins to deviate;

It looks like it complies to me from looking at the sketches. I'm pretty sure that driveway was used for the original house. Just by doing drive-by's it looked like they took off garage from original house to create new block. I've noticed a few other subdivisions nearby on Wheatstone Drive, Bottlebrush Drive and Niagara Place, Morley.

Yep. I live in the next street and they removed the garage to sell the land and create a beautiful profit.

Why does it comply? Because they used the original driveway and are exempt from the 'driveway must be 6m from where corner starts to deviate' ?

Or am I reading the rule wrong? It seems there's only about 3. 5m between the edge of the driveway and the corner deviating

I have one of those in Westminster - it was allowed because there was already a driveway there from the old house.

I'm surprised they didn't try and do it around the corner though off the other street and put it at the rear of the house.

Thanks everyone. That makes sense. I was also thinking it would be better for the new house to face the opposite way... maybe councils recommendations.

Is this exception to the rule (existing driveway) written in the R Codes or somewhere else? Does anyone have al ink?

cheers

Thanks everyone. That makes sense. I was also thinking it would be better for the new house to face the opposite way... maybe councils recommendations.

Is this exception to the rule (existing driveway) written in the R Codes or somewhere else? Does anyone have al ink?

cheers

I don't think it's written anywhere - just the way it is. Council might ask for a turning bay as well so that the car can then exit in forward gear to make it safer.

Yep. I live in the next street and they removed the garage to sell the land and create a beautiful profit.
Yes, I think it's a fairly nice, undiscovered spot that is undervalued that a few have discovered the potential!

I've been curious about this one near the corner of Wheatstone Drive. Do you know if this is the original house and they built a new rendered home to the left on the corner of Wheatstone??

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-morley-116256947

Yes, thats the original house and a new rendered house was built 3 years ago. same thing as the other one mentioned in this post. Very clever.

He paid 490k in 2010, spends 20k+ on splitting the block and sells land for 360k which means he gets a house in Morley on 400sqm+ of land for 150k (if he didnt pay tax on selling the block). Rinse and repeat a few times a year and you can retire early.

Myf, are there any other common rules to the exception you can think of ? Im trying to write down a list because if you know these rules then something that seems unprofitable or impossible can become a reality.

Yes, thats the original house and a new rendered house was built 3 years ago. same thing as the other one mentioned in this post. Very clever.

He paid 490k in 2010, spends 20k+ on splitting the block and sells land for 360k which means he gets a house in Morley on 400sqm+ of land for 150k (if he didnt pay tax on selling the block).

thanks for info!

Youd want the x over coming off jenvey.

You want the house to address the way it is.

Otherwise, your average setback will be applied to jenvey and you wont fit a damned thing on it.

Back