Rate your Rental app

Well, I don't see it as a big deal, just hope they police the ratings that tenants give. I'd hate to see feedback/reviews left out of spite.

Could be useful - like if the last tenant thought you were ok, they tend to keep your property 'in the family'.
My last tenant recommended my place to his friend and they're heaps better than him! I think it was based on the fact that I do repairs as promptly as I can. (As well as being the right-sized house in a half-decent area.)
Just saying that if you get good comments it could work out better for everyone.

I think it is an ok concept though I do not see how this can work in its current form.
To put the deformation act aside. What if you change agencies and tenant has a bad experience with the one you no longer use?
What if it is a new owner of you fix the damp issues or renovate.
I do not see how a business can be treated identical a rental property and apply the tripadvisor business model.
Sounds just like another idea from the startup gen with big ideas and no execution know-how.

If I were a tenant I would be more interested in the suburb/street profile and have more information on the property before inspection which the advertisement should have (which it generally doesn't).

Id want the property managers and estate agencies rated as well as the property. The more transperancy the better I say.

Imagine if you had a really poor rating on a property that you were looking to buy, it might actually affect the sale price for an investor!

I think it's a good concept, someone should really borrow their idea and get an app up and running sooner than they can.

Back