Rates Notices and the Various Charges Councils Impose

As it is that time of year, I am looking through all my rates bills to pay, and also the independant water and sewerage bills. (Yep, having great fun!)

With respect to the rates bills, it is interseting to see what services coucils charge. The following list of charges are currently spread out over a number of props I have in different areas. (am still waiting on another couple of bills to come in - might be more to add to the list)

1. General Rate
2. Garbage Charge
3. Environmental Charge
4. Heritage Levy
5. Public Transport Levy
6. Community Infrastructure Charge
7. State Fire Levy
and to rub more salt into the wound,
8. Credit Card Service Fee. (I guess this is the only one I can cut out. Will have to change the the way I pay if am getting charged for this)

Any other charges, fees or levies out there that the Govt stings you with?

F

As it is that time of year, I am looking through all my rates bills to pay, and also the independant water and sewerage bills. (Yep, having great fun!)

With respect to the rates bills, it is interseting to see what services coucils charge. The following list of charges are currently spread out over a number of props I have in different areas. (am still waiting on another couple of bills to come in - might be more to add to the list)

1. General Rate
2. Garbage Charge
3. Environmental Charge
4. Heritage Levy
5. Public Transport Levy
6. Community Infrastructure Charge
7. State Fire Levy
and to rub more salt into the wound,
8. Credit Card Service Fee. (I guess this is the only one I can cut out. Will have to change the the way I pay if am getting charged for this)

Any other charges, fees or levies out there that the Govt stings you with?

F
Fudge,only the big one Land Tax,it was so easy in Brisbane when you just had the one bill for each property,now with the Urban Utilities separate bill system it just another level of public servants to deal with our rates bill alone is just below 30k,then add on the Urban Utilities bill it all starts to add up,you get it all back at Tax time but you still have to pay the bills first,,imho,,willair..

Back