Rates to die for! Well at least in OZ

182ratesJapan-med.jpg

It says 3 years fixed home loans for 0.98%.

In the lower boxes you can see that a 0.7% discount is available so 10 or 20 year fixed interest is 2.98% P/A.

Sheer curiosity, but, what happens if you take one of the 10 or 20 year loans and discharge part way?

What are the discharge fees and penalties?

interesting...

asy :D

Always learning, have you though about taking one of the loans out for 20 yrs & hedging the FX rate btwn Oz & Japan ? Could buy a LOT of property in OZ with 3% fixed (even with hedging costs). Anyone want to buy positive cashflow inner city Melb or Sydney residential property :D

Cheers
Mark

MarkR said:
Always learning, have you though about taking one of the loans out for 20 yrs & hedging the FX rate btwn Oz & Japan ? Could buy a LOT of property in OZ with 3% fixed (even with hedging costs). Anyone want to buy positive cashflow inner city Melb or Sydney residential property :D

Cheers
Mark

Actually normal banks in Japan wont lend on foriegn property, however there are Australian and foreign banks in Japan who will who will lend on OZ assets. I know a member Patosan in Japan has looked into this in detail...I not sure what he did in the end.

Actually a 8-10% yeild in Tokyo is very possible, lend at 3%, 2% costs leaves 3%-5%. Just considering the possiblity of building a $2M portfolio with a 5% cash yield is very attractive....however it is not clear if land prices will rise, stagnate or continue to fall, my feeling is that they are at the bottom of the cycle.

asy said:
Sheer curiosity, but, what happens if you take one of the 10 or 20 year loans and discharge part way?

What are the discharge fees and penalties?

interesting...

asy
Sorry asy no idea what penalities apply for early discharge.
I may be able to find out, could be nasty depending on the current benchmark rate.

Back