rE:- MELTON- which estate?

hi, for those who have invested in melton or lived in melton or know a bit more than I do about the precinct, where would be a good place to buy? West or South? Or Melton itself? then which estate? they had a few new estates with some very well done up with strict convenants while other are quite lax with no time span to finish building.

spoiled for choices. :p

any one can shed some light?

thanks in advance.

Kero,
Do a seach on Melton. There has been oodles and oodles of comments on Melton lately.

Being a past habitant (early 70s) and semi regular vistor over the past 20+ years, if it was on my radar, my money would go west.

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Melton

Hiya

Melton West is where my IP is; bought it 2 years ago 230K rental 270...

it's been a breeze.....same tenant too.

Now to get it revalued??

cheers
jenn

I too bought in West Melton 2 years ago, $215 thereabouts, 4 bedder,
2 bath on a 1/4 acre, now rents at $275 pw. Bought sight unseen and was
pleasantly surprised when I got there on my first inspection about a year later.

If you check the API mag, it will reveal that South Melton has the most
growth.

DYODD and move ahead.

Cheers

we are looking at sub dividing (in the older estates) and one builder contacted us that they don;t built custom houses. the builder is metricon. now waiting for the other three builders- nava, bentley and boutique homes to reply.

if no builders willing to built then we'll consider the house and land package in the newer estates.

...and by the way:

Official commencement of racing begins today; http://www.tabcorppark.com.au/

Racing commences at Tabcorp Park’s state-of-the-art 1040-metre racetrack on Sunday afternoon, July 5, before becoming a weekly Friday night fixture.

Our horses will be racing later... in the new season. Brilliant stuff, and the new track getting excellent reviews.

Kero,

Melton is a town of contrast.

IMHO, I look to the demographic and their behaviour. While it is all what many would consider to be a lower-socio economic area, the average Melton PPOR buyer still seeks status and desirability. These Gen-Xers and Gen-Ys won't be buying older, 1970s Melton South properties to "go the hard slog" like their parents might have done. They aspire, and, they will borrow for that little bit better.

Dare I say it but: Even the Sudanese migrants will have reasonable CentreLink payments to keep them renting in Melton style. :eek:

South has pockets of shabby, older housing that may take a while to start to compete with the desirability of the newer estates. It has the train but the university is going / gone?

West has some newer, planned estates close to shopping and a couple of desirable schools. You can still catch a bus to the train. There is also the touted notion that the "city centre" will move toward Woodgrove away from the older High Street area. Woodgrove Shopping Centre, cinemas and the Bunnings still have potential to grow. Along with the highway exit off Coburns Road you might never have to venture to the older Melton at all. So that was my pick too.

IMHO, Of course.

West has some newer, planned estates close to shopping and a couple of desirable schools. You can still catch a bus to the train. There is also the touted notion that the "city centre" will move toward Woodgrove away from the older High Street area. Woodgrove Shopping Centre, cinemas and the Bunnings still have potential to grow. Along with the highway exit off Coburns Road you might never have to venture to the older Melton at all. So that was my pick too.

You are probably right about Woodgrove, but we bought our IP's very close (300m) to the High Street shops .... When/if Woodgrove expands then we believe that High Street, will become the cafe/restaurant strip.

I'll be happy if we are both right .... :p

Martin

there is a new estate in melton south at the end of exford road. just at the starting stages but they are calling it prestige bella or something is the estate name 300 or so blocks might be worth a look this part of melton south is much closer to the city than west melton. real travel time saving around 10 mins in the morning. the roads are only now going in could be a good time to get in cheap b4 its established. not advertised yet but the board is up.
good size block up to 900 sqm.
cheers

Back