realestate or realestateview?

David,

Your customers do pay for the things you mention, ultimatley a businesses' customers pay for all expenses. Either directly or indirectly.

evguenii said:
Then the ad was only placed on realestate and domain and when I queried the agent on when it will be on realestateview he said that they've decided not to use the site!

Hi again

If they said it, you're the customer, if you want it on there, go tell them you want it on there.

As David E-Noosa said, noone here uses it either as it's virtually unheard of. That may change in the future though.

Cheers

David E-Noosa said:
As an aside no one here or even close to here uses realestateview. I only know of it because of my high net usage.

David

As you know realestateview is really only of any value to Melbourne property.

We find it very useful for rentals ( I know its a different market but all I can comment on) We get almost as many enquiries from it as realestate.com.au. I know many large Melbourne agencies who use realestateview exclusively. Many are in the inner south east suburbs where the subject property is located

Last edited:
likewow said:
David,
Your customers do pay for the things you mention, ultimatley a businesses' customers pay for all expenses. Either directly or indirectly.

If I make no sales I pay, if I make sales I pay.

The commission is the commission no matter what my operating expenses are.

So no the seller (client) does not pay, I do.

Does the income earnt from selling property pay my overheads, well yes certainly and is that any different from any other business. Well yes it is as most businesses can alter their profit margins to allow for operating expenses. We are limited by legislation to what commission we charge (here in Qld) so whatever level my operating expenses are, they are not a factor in the equation.

So I stand by what I posted, each to their own.

I currently receive 46% of my web enquiry from my own website - www.kevinhockey.com.au

45% comes from www.realestate.com.au

9% comes from www.domain.com.au

My direct costs I presume are the same as David's however I charge $50 each for realestate & domain. I am considering putting it up to $100 each.

There are other indirect costs to uploading property and maintaining it on websites - wages, computers, cable connections, upgrades, maintenance. These are real business costs. It's like getting a plumber to change a washer which costs $5 and he charges $50. He (or she :D ) has the time it takes to drive to your property and back, car, petrol, insurance etc. I find most owners are happy to pay for web ads, and so they should, its the best value marketing now available.

My own website and my email programme are at no cost.

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

likewow said:
David,

Whats your point?

David doesnt charge people to advertise on realestate.com.au, domain.com.au. or his own site. This is a fact.

Brains, youve already mentioned in the past youre a business owner, so by default your own customers pay for all expenses - why is this an issue for RE related businesses yet not your own?

My only question is, does it ever get you down walking around with such an enormous chip on your shoulder? Basically every thread in which an agent posts, you derail by badmouthing the industry. You've posted 8 times just in this thread, and not once have you actually addressed the original question that was asked by the thread starter.

OK, you were burnt in the past - can you ever possibly move on?

Do you intend to re-live it forever?

Jamie

Last edited:
Jamie said:
Whats your point?

David doesnt charge people to advertise on realestate.com.au, domain.com.au. or his own site. This is a fact.

Brains, youve already mentioned in the past youre a business owner, so by default your own customers pay for all expenses - why is this an issue for RE related businesses yet not your own?

My only question is, does it ever get you down walking around with such an enormous chip on your shoulder? Basically every thread in which an agent posts, you derail by badmouthing the industry. You've posted 8 times just in this thread, and not once have you actually addressed the original question that was asked by the thread starter.

OK, you were burnt in the past - can you ever possibly move on?

Do you intend to re-live it forever?

Jamie

Jamie,

Sounds like you had a few last night mate. :D

If you read my earlier posts you'll see i did address the issues in the original question of which there were a few diffrenet ones.

The point i was making was that all busineses' expenses are paid by its customers no matter what spin is put on it.

If David says he pays for this or that out of his own pocket, well where does that money come from? The race track?

And where was it said that it was an issue for Davids business but not my own? As i said previously all business expenses are paid by its cusomers directly or indirectly. I think youre clutching at straws there mate.

But im not alone in my feelings toward the real estate industry. Its just that some are quieter then others and just accept things without question or argument. Sorry mate, thats not me. And you just have to check the many opinion polls of what the public considers ethical industries to see what the population thinks. Now i dont mmake those polls up so you cant balme me for that one. As long as the industry does what it does and glosses over the deception and lies , no, i wont let it go.

Im not talking about single agents here just the RE industry in general. Theres a big difference.

You ask me how it feels getting around with a chip on my shoulder (which i cant answer cause i wouldnt know), well i'd like to ask you how it feels being the forum's self appointed bully boy? Chip? 'What chip' says Jamie? :)

Last edited:
Kevin Hockey said:
Ohhh please.....are you serious? :p :eek:

I took Brains for having more ticker then to come back and hide as someone else. Surely not.....

Kev

OK Its common knowledge that i used to be brains. I would have reregistered as brains but couldnt.

But speaking of pasts....well we all have a past hey Kev.

If we dont then we should go out and get one. ;)

Last edited:
evguenii said:
Just had an argument with an agent who is selling my property whether it is more effective to advertise on realestate.com.au, realestateview.com.au or place an ad in the paper (The Age). What are people's experiences have been with those sites? Do you find that it's not worth advertising on realestateview.com.au? Have you had any people who only look in the paper and never on the internet? (the property is in Prahran, Victoria).
Another interesting thing he said which is in short - if you don't advertise in the paper then you can't go to auction, is that true?
thank you in advance for your replies
Evgueni

To get back on track.

I would never put it the way your agent did, however it's a case of the old "lets draw a circle around your home and then place ever wider circles around that expanding out until we reach the internet" (this is often used in RE training)

How many people do you want to know that your property is for sale, should we just letterbox the street (some refer to as tell20) should we tell everyone in your suburb, should we tell everyone in the district, how about the state.

Do you get the idea, it depends on the extent you want to go to in letting all the posible buyers know.

In your case you may be correct, however I would certainly do some newspaper adverts to a wider group if it were my property.

just a suggestion.

likewow said:
OK Its common knowledge that i used to be brains. I would have reregistered as brains but couldnt.

But speaking of pasts....well we all have a past hey Kev.

If we dont then we should go out and get one. ;)

Well Brains, why did you have all your posts deleted when you left only to come back as someone else?? Surely you are prepared to back your statements and you believe what you say is accurate and true? We could all go changing our names and not have to stand for the statements we have made in the past.

Common knowledge......where in the forum did you state that it was Brains but now I'm back with a new name - I must have missed that post.

A past......I'm proud of who I am and anything worth debating has been written here. sorry mate - no skeletons here. ( Then again I did smoke a couple of cigarettes as a kid :D )

Jamie - well said!!

Kev

Last edited:
Kevin Hockey said:
Well Brains, why did you have all your previous posts deleted when you left only to come back as someone else?? Surely you are prepared to back your statements and you believe what you say is accurate and true? We could all go changing our names and not have to stand for the statements we have made in the past.

Common knowledge......where in the forum did you state that it was Brains but now I'm back with a new name - I must have missed that post.

A past......I'm proud of who I am and anything worth debating has been written here. sorry mate - no skeletons here. ( Then again I did smoke a couple of cigarettes as a kid :D )

Jamie - well said!!

Kev

I stand by any previous statements made under any names. What makes you think i wouldnt.

Can you explain what you mean by "why did you have your previous posts deleted'? If you are impying that i requested the forum owners or admin to delete my previous posts, youre crazy.

If they are deleted (and i havnt checked) then it had nothing to do with me so before you make accusations you should check first.

And the reason i never said "this is likewow, the previous brains' was because brains was banned and i enjoyed the forum so much i re registered under another name. Is that a crime? If it is well sue me.

ps: I didnt realise that differing views on anything on the forum were not allowed, not least the real estate industry. Does everyone on the forum have to have the exact same viewpoint on that subject. I know for a fact a lot on here dont but stay quiet because they dont want to be accused an 'agent basher''.

pps: I was actually totally surprised to see a post from you that wasnt promoting your business, so congrats there mate. But what irks me is that a few days ago you directed a post at me promoting a $3000 development seminar that your company runs and now you are criticising me out of the blue. Whats that about? Are they related? Correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:
likewow said:

Actually it wasn't , well it might have been with some people but I havn't been spending as much time in the chat room as I used to, which is the font of all ( well most ) knowledge on the forum.

See Change

likewow said:
I stand by any previous statements made under any names. What makes you think i wouldnt.

Can you explain what you mean by "why did you have your previous posts deleted'? If you are impying that i requested the forum owners or admin to delete my previous posts, youre crazy.

If they are deleted (and i havnt checked) then it had nothing to do with me so before you make accusations you should check first.

And the reason i never said "this is likewow, the previous brains' was because brains was banned and i enjoyed the forum so much i re registered under another name. Is that a crime? If it is well sue me.

ps: I didnt realise that differing views on anything on the forum were not allowed, not least the real estate industry. Does everyone on the forum have to have the exact same viewpoint on that subject. I know for a fact a lot on here dont but stay quiet because they dont want to be accused an 'agent basher''.

pps: I was actually totally surprised to see a post from you that wasnt promoting your business, so congrats there mate. But what irks me is that a few days ago you directed a post at me promoting a $3000 development seminar that your company runs and now you are criticising me out of the blue. Whats that about? Are they related? Correct me if im wrong.

Brains, Likewow or whoever you are this week, What the.........are you talking about. What $3000 seminar. Talk about not having facts, now your plucking stuff from thin air.

I wasn't going to respond until I saw your edited version.

The moderators obviously were being considerate of you because they told me, and others obviously, you asked to be removed and have all posts etc removed also. They were trying to protect you. Now it comes out you were in fact banned, how was I to know. Credibility , its a wonderful thing to have isn't it. As for promoting my business....well I'll let others decide if thats why I play a part in this forum.

Differing views is fine by everyone here, its just the continual takeover of posts and the complete disregard to the original question asked. You have an agenda and you stick to it, after all why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Its no crime, but why did you avoid the opportunity to disclose yourself when you had the chance Agent 86 gave you. You have been able to respond to everything I say with all the knowledge of my past posts without having the same opportunity. You have therefore hidden from your previous statements. Appears I'm not the only one to believe it wasn't such "common knowledge".

As I said, credibility, it takes so long to get it and you can lose it in a matter of seconds. It's a bugger really.

Kev

Reactions: Les
Man!,
I have been ducking all the mud being thrown around on this thread that I do not even remember what the subject matter was about, I think the way has been lost a little.

just a reminder
John.

PS, Kev don't know you and we have never met, but my 21yo daughter is impressed by your office and the PM that looks after her first IP.

Brizzy Boy,

The way may have been lost a little on this thread but at least the cat is now out of the bag.

Why does brains/likewow play these games, even to the extent of accusing Kevin of things he obviously hasn’t done? What will his next name/game be?

I’m disappointed for likewow and all the people who thought likewow was genuine.
I think Kev’s last two sentences sum it up.

A86

Hey A86,
No disrespect, cause I am new to this forum and the IP game, I log on to this forum daily as "IT" is my major source of gaining knowledge as I am sure that there are many members and visitors alike that read these threads, I have the utmost respect of posts by you, Kev, Likewow and many others. "I too am vulnerable to attack, and it hurts, I know even when it is a fellow college in the same industry and want to come to their defence". I have so much respect for you for doing that, but what I wanted to remind everyone that this is a "PUBLIC" forum and that the thread has somehow become a little personal.

Again no disrespect intended to anyone
Many Kind Regards
John

Brizzy Boy,

Thanks for your concern.

I’m not a RE agent, so am not defending Kev as a fellow agent in the same industry.
I’m a small business owner whose small business is not associated to any RE industry or anybody on this forum.

You might have only been on this forum a short time, but you can tell by your posts that you have the best of intentions. BTW have enjoyed them.

This forum is also my major source of obtaining my RE knowledge.
Great mix of RE people, including RE agents, who should be able to answer questions put to them without being constantly accused of being deceptive esp in this case when it is clearly not the case.

If we drown the RE agents, who do we start on next. Mortgage brokers?

All the best,

A86 (who as a kid admits to having a crush on Barbara Feldon (aka agent 99))

Back