realestate or realestateview?

This thread got way too off topic - and I can't be blowed editing it to try and get it back on track. We should stick to the topic or I'll have to close the thread.

For the record (since it seems to be "out of the bag" now - and some people are confused by it all), Brains left the forum of his own volition and asked for his account to be removed.

6 months later, he signed back on as McKlusky - who was banned about a month later for inappropriate posts - trolling and personal attacks.

2 months after that, likewow started posting. I have had cause to warn likewow a few times over posts that have been made, and he currently is banned from using the PM system because of complaints of abuse of that system from other users. I'm not sure why I haven't banned likewow yet. I don't generally allow people to post again once they have been banned - they need to be on their very best behaviour if they are allowed back.

Sim said:
I'm not sure why I haven't banned likewow yet.

Sim,

Maybe because you find him addictive like "JR" on the hit TV show "Dallas" was to viewers every week. Every Great show has to have a "bad boy". :)

A86

Sim said:
This thread got way too off topic - and I can't be blowed editing it to try and get it back on track. We should stick to the topic or I'll have to close the thread.

For the record (since it seems to be "out of the bag" now - and some people are confused by it all), Brains left the forum of his own volition and asked for his account to be removed.

6 months later, he signed back on as McKlusky - who was banned about a month later for inappropriate posts - trolling and personal attacks.

2 months after that, likewow started posting. I have had cause to warn likewow a few times over posts that have been made, and he currently is banned from using the PM system because of complaints of abuse of that system from other users. I'm not sure why I haven't banned likewow yet. I don't generally allow people to post again once they have been banned - they need to be on their very best behaviour if they are allowed back.

sorry sim....I thought we all saw it was brains reincarnated :(

I have to say he was a person I had a lot of respect for one to one.....just needs to get over his j man addiction and rea bashing and he'd be a great guy :D

How to get property on an internet listing

I am aiming mainly at overseas market and want to list on the internet.

My agent said for real estate . com .au, I can only list if I get full real estate service from them ie $25,000.

Otherwise I can use buymyplace .com . au for $350

Is buymyplace the best location to advertise.

For me realesteteview.com as its response seems slightly faster plus I like its sort & criterias. For hubby and in-laws it is realestate.com :)

Effectiveness of advertising varies from place to place.

The only comment I'd make is I've never heard of realestateview, but I haven't been looking to buy in melbourne , or anywhere over the last year.

...Would be intersting to hear from some of the melbourne regulars for their opinions.

See Change

I'm a Melbourne regular and I have found that Realestateview tends to be a bit out of date. Several times I have rung up about a property listed on that site, only to find that it had been sold weeks earlier.

and staying on topic

I haven't looked in a newspaper to buy since my first PPOR 12 years ago. Since then it's all been online. I used to mix it up between RE.com, realestateview and another one whose name now escapes me, but now I only bother checking RE.com and Domain (though I have looked harder and used lesser known sites for IP searches). My 3 PPOR after the first were all definitely sourced on RE.com.

realestateview is owned by the REIV so obviously they think it's important to advertise on it. I've often thought when I come to sell again that I wanted to insist the agent only markets online so I look forward to seeing how this turns out as I for one definitely question newspaper advertising and it's worth vs the internet - especially for your target market

sorry to hijack,

but ive realised that my weekly auction results email sent by realestateview.com.au has stopped for the past few months for some odd reason when I didnt unsubscribe.

is there a way I can find out auction prices for the past 1 month and/or sold prices for private sales??

Back