REA's vendor database

Not having bought a house for 16 years I am somewhat bemused at the antics of current agents on how they sell houses, I have learnt what BOO means, 'friendly auction' ? etc.

I have asked a couple of agents if they advertise all their listings - I was told the agency circulates listings to their database of buyers first so they can have first bite then, if no takers, they advertise the listing - armed with this info I am hoping it gives me a little more bargaining power :D

Already knew this part however some will also advertise and send out from their database if need be. Depends on what the vendor wants if you want to just advertise to their database or database + online.

Is this more of an information post or is there a question?

An agent will really get your attention if you submit and offer and miss out on a property. You will be classified as a hot or A buyer for them and will work a lot closer with you then just rocking up to open houses.

If you attend 10 open houses with one agency all for similar properties then they will know what you are looking for and they will likely work closer with you when a similar property comes up.

.... - armed with this info I am hoping it gives me a little more bargaining power :D

It does not give you any more bargaining power, but it does give you an earlier crack at buying it, along with the other buyers agents and motivated buyers on the REAs database.:)

Back