Received my land tax bill today!

Bloody hell where do they pluck the figures from???

Could have gone to Europe with that money, possibly twice!

Oh well hope it goes to something useful and benefits everyone.

Actually, they want their cake regardless of if you make money.

Exactly. Between land tax and payroll tax all the state government can do is grasp at straws. I can accept stamp duty to some degree but those other two are just dumb. You are paying them regardless if you make money or not.

Well; the Gubb has to appease the poor masses somehow; who are being shafted every day by us greedy LL's who are forcing up the prices. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Between land tax and payroll tax all the state government can do is grasp at straws. I can accept stamp duty to some degree but those other two are just dumb. You are paying them regardless if you make money or not.

But, to be devil's advocate, you could argue that a land tax is good in that it encourages owners of underperforming assets to sell them on to those who will increase the returns. The way it is implemented, though, is more questionable.

I don't mind paying my fair share of tax but when they blow a billion dollars on not building a road is what gets me.

But, to be devil's advocate, you could argue that a land tax is good in that it encourages owners of underperforming assets to sell them on to those who will increase the returns. The way it is implemented, though, is more questionable.

I doubt they got that scientific when they put it together. It's just a lazy tax.

I'm fine with paying tax on profits, earnings and transactions but to impose a tax just for the sake of owning something doesn't sit right with me. Like I said, Payroll tax is another one. Lets just tax a business because they dare employ people! Don't worry if they made a profit or not just tax them anyway. Lazy.

Back