Redfern reno

Energy efficient light bulbs!

I was a bit concerned when it was advertised as "not for the faint hearted", but now with the energy efficient light globes and all, well I'm much relieved :rolleyes:

Ripe for a reno - a lot of work but should be a beauty when finished.

Are you going to bid at the auction?

No Propertunity...I won't be bidding.

One day I'd like to buy a dump like this and do a large reno. Maybe not right next to the train station though.

Saw an original run down double fronted terrace in George Street Redfern a few years ago...sold for 850K

Had drawing room, dining room, large kitchen and out buildings downstairs...with big sweeping staircase... 1st floor had 3 bedrooms and bathroom second floor had 2 bedrooms and bathroom and had large attic. Fireplaces in most rooms.

Would have been a major reno..where you'd live in the renovated part of the house and gradually renovate each room.

Iraqi Footballer

Russel Crowe flies to Baghdad to watch a young Iraqi play rugby league and
is suitably impressed and arranges for him to come
over to South Sydney . He's signed to a one-year contract and the kid joins
the team for the pre-season.
Two weeks later Rabbits are down 10 nil to Easts with only 10 minutes left.
The coach gives the young Iraqi the nod and he goes in. The kid is
a sensation - scores 3 tries in 10 minutes and wins the game for South
Sydney! The fans are thrilled, the players and coaches are delighted, and
the media
are in love with the new star.
When the player comes off the ground he phones his mum to tell her about
his first day of Australian Rugby League.
'Hello mum, guess what?' he says. 'I played for 10 minutes today, we were 10
nil down, but I scored 3 tries and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans, the
media...
'Wonderful,' says his mum, 'Let me tell you about my day. Your father got
shot in the street and robbed, your sister and I were ambushed,
raped and beaten, and your brother has joined a gang of looters, and all
while you were having such great time.'
The young Iraqi is very upset.
'What can I say mum, I'm so sorry.'
'Sorry? You're sorry?' says his mum, 'It's your fault we moved to Redfern in
the first place!

Ajax, did you see Sunday nights episode of "Hot Property"? Two sisters reno'd a terrace in Redfern similar to the one in your link.

I think they were interior designers by profession, so the finishes were top notch. 10k spent on a 2pac kitchen, hardwood floors, bi-fold doors to the lanscaped back garden. It also had side access which they utilised with a glass wall down the side bringing in lots light. They hoped to have the place revalued at 800k, but came up 20k short. I'm guessing it was about 6months ago.

One point they made in the show is that unreno'd terraces can fetch the same price as reno'd terraces when the market picks up again.

Do you think the noise of the trains would be a problem there?
What do guess it will sell for at auction?

vbplease...

missed "hot property"

Here's 2 links (my sound card is playing up so I can't hear what they are saying) There are South Sydney Council bins at the property...was this filmed pre amalgamation of Councils

http://media.domain.com.au/?rid=42563

http://media.domain.com.au/?rid=42562

As for the property I posted at beginning of the thread...there may be some train noise. The bigger issue is the people that hang around the intersection of Everleigh Street and Lawson Street..opposite side of Lawson Street to where this property is. Its the one area of Redfern I still feel a bit cautious about walking through late at night.

I know a guy who had bought a single storey terrace in Little Everleigh Street around 1984...for about 40k (while going to uni). Terrace backed onto the railway line. He shared with a friend who had an old white Triumph sedan parked in the street (until it was firebombed). They then bought motorscooters which they parked in the hallway. Think things have improved a bit since then.

Back