Remember Blitzkrieg? Me neither.

Hey all,

Very long hiatus (5 and a half years since my last post). But I am back with a goal of refreshing my property investment knowledge, help out where I can and eventually start into subdivision profiteering.

History: I am a 31 year old refrigeration/air conditioning mechanic currently working through a second apprenticeship to get my electricians ticket dual trade. I am currently working on a WA gas construction site 3 on, 1 off. I worked for myself for a while and unfortunately got into a little debt and had to sell my proudly acquired IP to cover it, so I am a single PPOR man again.

My plan for Somersoft is to provide advice on my specialty of airconditioning and in return get valuable information from the gurus here regarding all things subdivision/build/sell (or keep). I hope to swap a life of desert for a life of tradie working (though avoiding my previous mistakes) in Adelaide and managing small dwelling local developments.

Somersoft was good to me 6-odd years ago, and by lurking a little today, I see not much has changed.

I look forward to getting better acquainted with you all :)

Michael (Blitzkrieg)

G'day Chris,

Phew, even after 5 1/2 years! Good memory!

Well I've got three kids now. And am looking to retire the innings (operation :eek: ). Eldest is now 9, "spare heir" just turned 7, and I got a daughter, who turns 5 in December.

I don't think many people would remember Blitzkrieg ... especially not the 70 million people that died as a result of the Germans using the tactic to start a world war

Not sure how tongue in cheek this is.... But I will defend my handle;

Blitzkrieg is a military tactic of rushing a defensive line with all you've got in order to make rapid advancement into enemy territory.

It was used by Germany in WW2. It was named by American newspapers.

It means "lightning war".

It is still used now, the Americans now call it "Shock and Awe".

WW2 was not started because German suddenly discovered it could overtake towns quickly with force...

Where do you think programs like Backyard Blitz derived their name from? Killing 70 million people in a backyard while the owners have a weekend away?

Anyhoo - So I am back?

Hey Blitz

Welcome back :)
I well recall your very informative posts on everything air con related. Nice to see you back on board. Has it really been 5 yrs?! Sheesh... now I'm feeling very old, having been on this forum for almost a decade....:eek:

I wasn't here 5 years ago but i'm a 30 year old engineer too living in Radelaide. Glad to have another local :)

I saw your Christies post....posts like that always attract me :)

G'day Jacque :)

Yeah I was surprised by how many familiar names were still here once I started snooping around again!

Comper100 and CJProperty

Give it up for Radelaide!!!!

Comper100 - I am pretty keen to move on something very similar once I get all my info (and testicular fortitude) sorted. I'll probably even do an update timeline for info reference and forum posterity. You never know if enough people follow my lead, it may artificially inflate the Christies Beach prices for my benefit :p

I remember chatting to you in the somersoft chatroom / IRC Michael, was around the time you landed your first 'away' job I think.

Welcome back, Michael. I look forward to getting to know you. I'm just a newbie... just hit my third birthday the other day. :D

Posts: 4,587 - When do you get to drop the newbie tag around here :D

Dave - yeah man! I was surprised my post count was so low, and then remembered I spent all my time in the chat room :)

Where the hell is Jamie (J-Money)?

Back