renovating waterfront property for profit

Absolutely! I have to be near, and be able to see water.

Calming, and gives you a feeling of space and freedom.

Being up higher looking down on it is a bonus as well.

I agree Marc. Once you have lived on the water you couldn't go back to a 'dry' block looking at a back fence or into the neighbours yard. About 5 am at our place it is like living in the middle of Kakadu with all the wild life and sound of the ocean etc Only I wish the b... ducks would keep out of the pool.

Cheers,

Bazza

Only I wish the b... ducks would keep out of the pool.

I wholeheartedly agree!!!!! Nothing worse than relaxing in the evening with a chilled champers (or whatever), having just made oneself comfy, and in they come!

If anyone knows how to keep the rotten things away, I would love to hear about it!

(Sorry to hijack the thread).

Cheers
LynnH

I have lived in Cronulla and now Maroubra - its great. Something about the ocean gives a sense of calm / on holidays. This might sound silly but a nice house "inland" with a pool is good too. Its something about water....

I wholeheartedly agree!!!!! Nothing worse than relaxing in the evening with a chilled champers (or whatever), having just made oneself comfy, and in they come!

If anyone knows how to keep the rotten things away, I would love to hear about it!

(Sorry to hijack the thread).

Cheers
LynnH

There is a product called "Duck Off" that you can get from the Pool shops. It has wetting agents that stop the duck feathers from repelling water and the ducks are supposed to sink. Apart from having an aversion to adding more chemicals to the pool I have just put in Algaecide which is not compatible with Duck Off (makes the water go brown or something?).

I have tried everything else to get rid of them and the most effective so far is tennis balls. You throw them next to the duck (or at its head) and the splash frightens the hell out of them. They still come back occasionally but it has reduced their presence.

Cheers,

Bazza

Thanks Bazza.

We have tried Duck Off - worked the first time only, then the bl@@dy things got used to it! And have you tried swimming when this stuff is in the water? Yeek!!

We throw frisbees/similar 'throwy' things at them - works for a while, but then they're back. Shall have to try your suggestion of tennis balls - at least they don't sink!

Cheers
LynnH

Thanks Bazza.

We have tried Duck Off - worked the first time only, then the bl@@dy things got used to it! And have you tried swimming when this stuff is in the water? Yeek!!

We throw frisbees/similar 'throwy' things at them - works for a while, but then they're back. Shall have to try your suggestion of tennis balls - at least they don't sink!

Cheers
LynnH

I was thinking a hungry Bull Shark would work ;)

Cheers,

Bazza

This thread has drifted slightly starboard.

We purchased a solar pool blanket for our pool. One of the added benefits was no more ducks. Haven't seen the buggers since.

CD's anyone?

Have you tried CD's? Wonderful use for those old CD programs that no longer work on XP n Vista... and can't be reformatted for further use. Just string them up so they blow in the breeze...birds (inc ducks) get frightened away by the silvery reflections.

Back