Renovation advice please

Hi Guys,
I really appreciate any suggestions that you can offer me, as I am considering doing my first ever renovation.
We have found a property that ticks most of the boxes.
It is a unit, single level, red brick, one of four. 2BR. In fantastic location.
It has a big yard which we want to utilise. Currently it is overgrown but it promises great things and are evaluating the cost of creating an indoor/outdoor living experience as this is desirable by potential buyers. I have attached a floor plan.

We want to evaluate the feasibility and cost of opening the kitchen window to create a door which can open outwards onto a patio. The door would be the same width of the window to save costs. Our questions which I hope you can help us with is:

i) as it is a part of a complex, do I need to apply through body corporate to first get approval for such a change? My thoughts are yes.
ii) Will we need to get a building permit first?
iii) Potential cost for removing bricks below window to create a space for either a simple glass door or bifold door (aluminium to save cost)?

I have attached the floor plan, photo showing kitchen window and back yard. Sorry for the crappy photo quality.
After looking for almost a year now, I've come to realise that at least if the numbers dont crunch well on this particular property, we will be a little bit smarter and wiser for when the right one comes along. Thank you for your help with our learning process!

Attachments

• IMG_3227.jpg
    IMG_3227.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3230.jpg
    IMG_3230.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 92
Thanks SOP!
Thanks Propertunity, especially for that link. That was really helpful and I feel it is best to focus my calculations on a basic cosmetic renovation to save time, hassle and money.

Back