Renovators in Sydney

I am after some renovators in Sydney for my IP (house). I have searched through some old threads about renovators, have noted the names of a couple of tradesmen but could not really get any names of renovators for kitchen really. Also, the threads are quite old. One of them started in 2003.

Can anyone please recommend tradesmen for the following work. The house is very old and needs some basic repairs before it can be let out.

1. Kitchen - The main renovation requirements is in the kitchen. The cupboards are loose/falling apart/drawers are jamming. Possibly requires a new stove/oven/dishwasher. I am on the lookout for some second hand appliances.

2. Bathroom - Generally in good condition, could get a bit of shine (not sure how :).

3. Paint - At least one coat on all walls.

4. General tidying up - frontyard, backyard

My budget is very minimal (20k). Looking at basic repairs/cosmetic changes/tidying up. Hoping the the money spent on renovation will lead to a higher rent than the rent that is feasible in the current state of the property.

Unless you want to install a commercial kitchen that has a floor size of 12m x 12m, you will be able to easily do the below for less than $15k.

You have set up a really high budget.
A decent smallish kitchen can be done under 5K
You can buy the stove/oven/dishwasher for under 1.5K
If the bathroom only needs a cleaning and some fixes here and there, you can do it yourself or get a handyman to do it for 200-300 bucks
Painting can also be done under 2K

Regarding the backyard and frontyard, just mow'em yourself or get someone to do it for under 50 p/h

All up, you can renovate your house for around 10K.

You have set up a really high budget.
A decent smallish kitchen can be done under 5K
You can buy the stove/oven/dishwasher for under 1.5K
If the bathroom only needs a cleaning and some fixes here and there, you can do it yourself or get a handyman to do it for 200-300 bucks
Painting can also be done under 2K

Regarding the backyard and frontyard, just mow'em yourself or get someone to do it for under 50 p/h

All up, you can renovate your house for around 10K.

Without knowing more details and the size of the house, I'd consider this pretty generalized advice :eek:

A word on painting, however. There can be a world of difference between a cheap job and a more professional and thorough one here. Though I'm a perfectionist when it comes to painting (and I know my own painter, Joe, is) there are a lot of cowboys out there who paint over grime, use inferior paint and don't prepare surfaces properly. In particular, for seriously peeling surfaces ensure you get someone who does the job properly, so you're not spending the same $$$ in 4-5 yrs time when it all starts to fall apart.

Best of luck with your renovating. I'd be getting a decent handyman to assess and assist first of all- post some pics up and we'd be more than happy to throw out some suggestions!

Back