Rent and IPs only? (non-eligible FHOG)

Hi all

Newbie here so apologies in advance if I go over old ground or post in the wrong area. Not the thin skinned type so please point me in the right direction.

Wanting to read up on PPOR to IP V IP only. Post divorce I now quite happily rent and as I am a nomad at heart don't really want to buy a PPOR. Next year I want to start investing so now using the time to read up and research. I like the strategy of buy and hold with a focus on good rental yield.

Most of the info I find tends to be for the young ones looking to get an IP whilst not jepoardising FHOG. I do not qualify for FHOG as we did that when I was married and yes it was in joint.

So I think I want to continue to rent and change whenever I get bored:D and plod along with building my property folio based at this point on yield strategy.

Is this the way to go?

Welcome to Somersoft. It's a wealth of fabulous information on building.. well.. wealth :p

I can't answer your question directly... in the end, it comes down to what you want. Do you already own property ? (either a ppor or an ip ?)

and what are your aims, are they short or long term ?

Back