Rent Due After Lease End Date

Hi Guys
We Have A Property That The Lease Has Expired. There Was Work Done After Expiry Cleaning Up Etc. This Took Extra 2 Weeks. I Asked The Agent If The Tenant Was Liable For The Extra 2 Weeks Rent And I Was Told That As We Were Not Actively Looking For New Tenant Ie We Had It Up For Sale That The Tenant Was Not Liable. Your Ideas And If You Think The Tenant Should Pay What Should I Do
Thanks

Another Question

The House Has Been Left In An Unsatifactory Condition By The Tenent. The House Is Sold But I Am Concerned That The Buyer Will Not Be Happy At The Pre Settlement Inspection. The Bond Would Have Been Payed Out And The Cost Of Clean Up Would Come Back To Us. Any Ideas Before We Give The Ok To Release Bond
Thanks

"I Asked The Agent If The Tenant Was Liable For The Extra 2 Weeks Rent And I Was Told That As We Were Not Actively Looking For New Tenant Ie We Had It Up For Sale That The Tenant Was Not Liable. "

You should name and shame the agent.

why? the pm was right, and claiming extra rent would never hold up in tribunal.

as for the bond being released - i'd check on that with your pm. they should not have let the bond go if the property was not up to the standard as when the tenant moved in (less wear and tear, which can be horrific at times).

if the property has been left in similar condition as to when they moved in, then you have no claim on the bond and additional cleanup to bring the property up to settlement standard is your choice.

p.s. don't type in capitals please as the autochanger to smalls makes your posts hard to read

Hi Jackinbox,

Your PM probably couldn't read your emails with all of your capitals and sentences rolling into one!:eek::D

Your tenant should have left the property in the condition they found it in as specified in detail in their lease. It should have been up to your PM to do an inspection report and follow through accordingly.

Regards JO

Back