"Rent Reliant"

Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard the term "Rent Reliant" recently? As in "We won't approve this loan because you are too Rent Reliant" :eek: ?

I haven't heard it in ages and ws wondering if it has dropped out of favour, or maybe we just less "rent reliant" than we once were? :rolleyes:

Cheers, Medine

Has anyone heard the term "Rent Reliant" recently? As in "We won't approve this loan because you are too Rent Reliant" :eek: ?

I once heard this...

If you're applying for a loan and they tell you this, just tell the person behind the desk:

"And you're too job reliant. You get sacked, and your world comes crashing down. Us, if one of our properties is vacant, we've got plenty more to keep us afloat". :)

nah nah Medine you have the spelling wrong

You are too Rant reliant :O)

I havent heard that used as an excuse for " you smell and we dont want your business anyore" for yonks.

We used to get it occassionally where a client had too much exposure (TAE) with the one lender. That doesnt happen much any more, because we control that exposure.

In one case I had a guy with ONE job and 48 Ips........................Im sorry ROlf, we cant give Mr X more money, he is way too reliant on his rent to service his debts.....................k........................ but hes only got one job and more than 50 tennants ....................ummmmm its more likely hed lose his job surely than lose all his rental income ?

I also think that the current rental market is way tighter than its been in the last cycle and a half, and it probably wouldnt wash as a good excuse when the papers have front page news of renters fighting for places.

ta
rolf

You are absolutely right Merovingian, it's a very patronising term.

Its a good strategy to remind banks that the risk of "losing" tenants (and the rent) is really no different to losing a job or customers if you run a business.

Back