Replacing broken shower floor tile next to drain

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the best way to cut the semi circle around the tile? Who would be able to do this?

A piece of it has chipped off. I still have the piece, but I think it might be bst to replace it with a spare tile.

When I remove the broken tile, do I need to re water proof the single area or am I able to just apply the motar/bonding, set the tile and regrout it once it is dry.

Thanks

Does anyone know what is the best way to cut the semi circle around the tile? Who would be able to do this?
Do it yourself with a $20 grinder and a diamond cutting disk from Bunnings.

A piece of it has chipped off. I still have the piece, but I think it might be bst to replace it with a spare tile.
Yes, replace it with a new tile.

When I remove the broken tile, do I need to re water proof the single area
No, the waterproofing is under the screed, so unaffected by this tile being relaid.

....or am I able to just apply the motar/bonding, set the tile and regrout it once it is dry.
Yes, this.

No, the waterproofing is under the screed, so unaffected by this tile being relaid.

Not always. There are the 'membrane under the screed' and 'membrane over the screed' schools. But in most cases it will be under. At the drain, though, the screed will be at its thinnest, so take care.

Once the tile has been laid an all that, would it be wise to put on a bit of shower sealant such as Sealant Shower Coat, just in case.

$20 grinder sounds good, Bunning's cheapest is $39 lol

Back