Reusing concrete slab

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this- have a small crappy old garage on a large slab. Garage now is single, slab big enough to fit a double colourbond kit garage with workshop. Can I get rid of existing garage and then just bolt new in its place? slab looks good condition. What might council think? Where would this fit in their DA processes? If the slab looks solid, thick (everything here on the over engineered side by old bloke who built it, has stood for 40 odd years so far) and I have no plans to live in new structure is this doable?
Thanks in advance.

Probably doable, you may need to dig around the edge of the slab to determine whether it has an edge thickening, set downs (if any) and drill a hole or two to determine thickness of the slab (all under the direction of an engineer who may sign off the plan). The engineer will have to determine the concrete strength (ie N20, N25) in order to say that it will be sufficient for the proposed used.

If the slab doesn't have cracks it probably stands a good chance for reuse.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this- have a small crappy old garage on a large slab. Garage now is single, slab big enough to fit a double colourbond kit garage with workshop. Can I get rid of existing garage and then just bolt new in its place? slab looks good condition. What might council think? Where would this fit in their DA processes? If the slab looks solid, thick (everything here on the over engineered side by old bloke who built it, has stood for 40 odd years so far) and I have no plans to live in new structure is this doable?
Thanks in advance.

sounds good ,if it's over 40 years then it will last another 40,and in that time frame by looking at the title and plan the garage may not even show up,for a simple low stress kit garage on a over engineered slab ,depending on the da upfront cost plumbing elec,good luck..imho..

I don't see it as a problem.

Up the street from us was a house that was half built & sat there for years. Not sure why, anyway it was recently sold & the slab re-used. It was a single home, but became a duplex.

Back