Reward yourself, it feels great!

Hi guys,

Thanks heaps for the well wishes. You really are a great crowd you know! You should all take a bow for being such positive supportive people... :D

Given your success completing the course I'd no doubt assume you'd recommend it in an instance- has it helped you develop professionally?
Hi Morgs,

Yes, for me it was definately an excellent investment in my future (the degree that is). I was an IT under-graduate so needed the business skills to be rounded out which is what the MBA gave me. I know can talk the talk on economics, marketing, financial and managerial accounting, motivation, HR, leadership, TQM etc.

For me the two biggest skills that I have developed are economics and marketing. In a make to sell business, understanding demand and supply then the concept of segment, target and position with all the associated detail and tools beyond those two topics has been enlightening to say the least. And it translates directly into my property investing career too!

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers,
Michael.

Well thats how a capitalist society operates, the profit gets passed around.

My business sells stuff all the time at a huge profit (and i've sold properties at large profits and i bet you have too) and no one complains but if you're an employee and have no tax relief or cant buy wholesale, you're at the bottom of the chain in that sense and therefore things are more expensive.

And I guess i'm just not into second hand stuff. I consider it a scarcity mindset. (i'm sure you're familiar with the popular abundance/scarcity blurb)

I'm like if i have the money i'll buy it new and buy good quality. If i havn't got the money i wont buy it at all.

You're right, pay full retail (at massive profit to the jeweller).

What do I care.

M

Dazzling,

I'm sure theres no shortage of people on this forum who bought property pre or during 1999 - 2003 boom and sold a few of them post boom for large profit.

Couple of egs: Blocks of land in regional NSW. bought 2000, sold 2004 for 250% profit.

Property in SE QLD bought 2000, sold 2005 for 180% profit.

I sold to release cash for business expansion and share investing purposes.

Mark,

I don't particularly care about the market for Swiss watches. But i do know what i like and do know quality.

I like buying new and you like buying second hand. Thats cool mate.

Cool, looks like a stretched version of this

http://members.dodo.net.au/annecloran/whit1001.html

I got my first taste of boatbuilding doing work experience while at school in 1981 working on sabre 22's at Redcliffe QLD

When I was playing Monohulls I always lusted for one of these

Seaway25
http://svc048.wic007tv.server-web.com/Seaway 25.htm

Or a Sonata 26
http://www.traileryacht.com/s26_bs.htm

Dave

Brains and class! Da poifect man...:eek:

Congratulations to you - and your Mrs too! After all, study takes its toll on the entire household. I bet she is almost as relieved as you that it is over.

Congratulations to you - and your Mrs too! After all, study takes its toll on the entire household. I bet she is almost as relieved as you that it is over.
Hi Wish-ga,

Yes, it certainly did take its toll on the whole household. The stress and the additional workload was draining. But that's all done know and I'm loving the extra time and the reduced stress levels.

And that beautiful wife of mine has been fantastic. When I first graduated I suggested returning to the Army Reserves and making Major. But she said: "Nah, give that a miss. Been there / done that. Why don't you do something you really love that you've always wanted to do. What about sailing?" and the rest is history really. I now sail on a DK43 out of MHYC every Saturday and am loving every minute of it. And Kay is fully supportive of that "me" time! :D

Love that woman!!

Cheers,
Michael.

Anyway, just sharing my excitement around a bit. I virtually never do the "reward self" thing, and it really is quite gratifying when you actually do it! :D I highly recommend it to all you other over-achievers on this forum!!

Cheers,
Michael.

Well done on your achievements Michael, i reckon you should even consider eating a marshmallow :)

I'm also a TAG fan and have only had to set the time on mine once since i bought it in 1995 (and that was to replace the battery). They are a quality timepiece and i also think they were the first official time keeper of the modern Olympics.

Great new Michael, Congratulations mate !

A MBA and an Engineer go on a camping trip, set up their tent, and fall asleep. Some hours later, the Engineer wakes his MBA friend.

"Look up at the sky and tell me what you see The MBA replies, "I see millions of stars."

The Engineer asks "What does that tell you?"

The MBA ponders for a minute:
"Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.

Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three.

Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant.

Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.

What does it tell you?"

The Engineer friend is silent for a moment, and then speaks.
"Practically...Someone has stolen our tent".

then you know that you have completed your MBA:

You ask the waiter what the restaurant's core competencies are.

You do not believe in any problems in your life, just issues and improvement opportunities.

You can actually use the term value-added without falling down laughing.

You can easily understand the rational behind traffic jams - market inefficiencies indeed!!

Congratulations, Michael, on obtaining your MBA, and taking out the top student award. That is a fantastic achievement.

Just make sure you insure that new doo-dad.

:)
Lily

Congrats on the completed studies Mike, that's great.

I know what you mean about licking the marshmallow - but I just indulged in a marshmallow that licks me!!

As a pure bred, she definitely wasn't cheap (or second hand ;)), but she certainly enriches our lives.

Here she is, helping with the landscaping on an IP...not.

Regards, Chris

Attachments

• Level for paving.jpg
    Level for paving.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Helping with the paving.jpg
    Helping with the paving.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 62
  • sleep on the job.jpg
    sleep on the job.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 57
congratulations michael - very proud of you. and great to hear you go sailing every week. we licked with a new yacht around 3 years ago (it's in gallery under "our marshmallow" but don't know how to download it here) ... probably time for another marshmallow. :D

or was the new ppor earlier this year a marshmallow? nah - to much reno work! :rolleyes:

Congrats on the completed studies Mike, that's great.

I know what you mean about licking the marshmallow - but I just indulged in a marshmallow that licks me!!

As a pure bred, she definitely wasn't cheap (or second hand ;)), but she certainly enriches our lives.

Here she is, helping with the landscaping on an IP...not.

Regards, Chris

Such a cute puppy!!

What breed is it?

Back