Rich Dad 2009

So, am I understanding correctly, it was just once big sales pitch and most of you got more enjoyment, encouragement and enthusiasm for one another's company when you all met for dinner?

Regards JO

So, am I understanding correctly, it was just once big sales pitch and most of you got more enjoyment, encouragement and enthusiasm for one another's company when you all met for dinner?

Regards JO

The big sales pitch most are talking about was just one speaker.

I didn't find the weekend to be pushy at all. Sure they mentioned their products (they'd be crazy if they didn't) but I didn't think it was pressure (not like think and grow rich- hurry or you'll miss out type stuff).

I enjoyed most of it. It just started slowly and was a bit repetitious for me.

Meeting other Somersofters was one of the best bits (even though I now feel inadequate:(). Everyone is so great.

I wish I could find something great to buy. I need to catch up badly. :D

I just got a phone call asking if I attended on Monday and would I like to buy any of the packs.

Last edited:
The US is on sale

The big sales pitch most are talking about was just one speaker.............. I wish I could find something great to buy. I need to catch up badly. :D

Apparently the US is on sale ;)

I also didn't find the "sell" to be hard at all. In fact I've been to events where the pain they create to make you feel inadequate for not taking action (on their product) far more intense than the Kiyosaki offerings.

I bought a couple of books that are only out now and nothing else. Having said that, if I were in the market for some stock market education what Andy was offering from Rich Dad or what Peter Spann offers look comprehensive enough for newbies and reasonable value for money.

Travelbug, never give yourself permission to feel inadequate. The only person you need to be better than is who you used to be. Play your own game. :)

Meeting other Somersofters was one of the best bits (even though I now feel inadequate:(). Everyone is so great.

Not sure where the inadequate bit comes into it, but you're right. Hooking up with other like minded people was a highlight.
And if you ever use that "i" word again, I'll be very unhappy. You don't want to make me unhappy! Got it!

Apparently the US is on sale ;)

So when are we arranging an Australian ambush to take advantage? I hear ozperp has run reconnaissance already! ;)

Travelbug, never give yourself permission to feel inadequate. The only person you need to be better than is who you used to be. Play your own game. :)

Well said - it's not a pi**ing contest. There's plenty to go around for everyone...

Well said - it's not a pi**ing contest. There's plenty to go around for everyone...

I didn't mean to insinuate it was a pi**ing contest. I know that.

I just meant that others have achieved so much and I'm just starting out.

Sorry Rob- I don't want to upset you (there's no scared emoticon):D
You all inspired me to try harder.
I've been on the net searching for the last few days. Which is great but my half yearly reports aren't getting written :eek:

Not enough hours in the day.

Cheers everyone.

I've been on the net searching for the last few days. Which is great but my half yearly reports aren't getting written :eek:

Haven't you heard? Half yearly reports are overated.
The mightiest waterfall begins with a single drop.
We all started with nothing. We've all been where you are now. See where I'm going with this?
Just keep doing what you're doing. Don't quite and make the most of this awesome opportunity that the world economy has blessed us with.
Gee, I'm sounding like T Harv. Aaahh!

" You are a Wealthy Warrior"....

I could not stand any more of that, when the pitch came and be started breaking down every single element covered in the first couple of DVD packs, I walked out. Was outside on the phone a bit later and saw the doors fly open with about 30 people running out to his stand to buy the "too good to refuse offer".

My wife said the same thing happened inside - people just ran to the counter at the back of the room to buy buy buy.

OSS

Look, I've sold some stuff in my time but this blew me away - a 45 minutes straight pitch. I was amazed everybody sat through it!

Can't argue with his logic, though. He is selling CD's teaching you to make $100,000 on a weekend doing seminars.
Then he proceeds to get at least 50 people (I stopped counting at 50) to buy his packs at $2,000 each. So he made a minimum of $100,000 from a one hour spiel, selling products teaching you to make $100,000 from a one hour spiel ...
I'm getting dizzy from going around in circles ...

50 - gee you stopped counting quickly - I could tell you how many he sold but I don't want to bite the hand that feeds me.

We thought we did pretty good selling a hundred of my books and getting 503 names for our free email!

And as I said I am hardly one to be backward in a good sales pitch but...

With this I didn't know to be in awe or just shocked that so many people "bought it" running to the back of the room like that - and I'm still confused.

His NLP language was terrific - all that "yes and yes" stuff but my favourite, repeated over and over still had to be "I will tell you when to run to the back of the room to buy. Do not run to the back of the room and buy until I tell you to. When I say go, then you can run to the back of the room and buy."

Now here's the thing - I've paid $2,000 and more for CD's etc in the past - no problem with that - and I presume if you used the content it would be worth it. But I have never seen anybody go to such an extreme to get to a massive value ($104,000 - including $54,000 in "vouchers" - "do not sell these on eBay") before, then have people actually believe it was discounted to $2,000 and fight to hand over a credit card to get it.

As I said I genuinely don't know whether to be impressed 'cause I personally have never sold like that before, or shocked because of the buying frenzy it created.

Look, I've sold some stuff in my time but this blew me away - a 45 minutes straight pitch. I was amazed everybody sat through it!

50 - gee you stopped counting quickly - I could tell you how many he sold but I don't want to bite the hand that feeds me.

We thought we did pretty good selling a hundred of my books and getting 503 names for our free email!

With this I didn't know to be in awe or just shocked that so many people "bought it" running to the back of the room like that - and I'm still confused.

His NLP language was terrific - all that "yes and yes" stuff but my favourite, repeated over and over still had to be "I will tell you when to run to the back of the room to buy. Do not run to the back of the room and buy until I tell you to. When I say go, then you can run to the back of the room and buy."

Now here's the thing - I've paid $2,000 and more for CD's etc in the past - no problem with that - and I presume if you used the content it would be worth it. But I have never seen anybody go to such an extreme to get to a massive value ($104,000 - including $54,000 in "vouchers" - "do not sell these on eBay") before, then have people actually believe it was discounted to $2,000 and fight to hand over a credit card to get it.

As I said I genuinely don't know whether to be impressed 'cause I personally have never sold like that before, or shocked because of the buying frenzy it created.

I rushed out and bought a copy of your "Broke to Millionaire" book, so you did all right, too :)
He can't have sold any more than 79 CD/DVD packs. He clearly said that's all he had. I believed him;)

Okay, so overall the seminar was worth the money, except to a few unfortunate few who could not stand this 45 minute sales pitch.

I think you all saw for yourselves just how well a good sales pitch can be and why these guys do it. Why not - if the majority of people fall for it? I have to admit, if I was in the business of marketing and selling my product, I'd be taking notes!;)

It is a shame that this seemed to have put a "taint" on the seminar and is what most of you are talking about.

Tell us more about the positive things.:)

Regards JO

Tell us more about the positive things.:)

Regards JO

Go Jo!
Agree totally.

Need more positivity especially considering the negativity I keep hearing out there on a daily basis. Blah! Blah! Blah!. As I tell them, "No the world is not going to end. Yes, there is opportunity out there. There are people in the world much worse off than ourselves. Get over it and get on with it"

Too many damn muppets in this world.:rolleyes:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The problem in Oz ATM is confidence.

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Too many damn muppets in this world.:rolleyes:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The problem in Oz ATM is confidence.

Darn right!
And I'm very confident there's too many sons of many dads charlatan muppet BS artists.
As for investent know how, nobody has ever seen it because he does'nt have any.
And of course the big question is did he even write the books?

Forget this garbage by a compulsive lier (or fairy tale teller) and think for yourselves.

PS did'nt he say "The internet is for fkn losers"? Seems he too is a loser...

I am almost certain he had to write his books.

Surely a literary professional would have realised the excessive complaints about his father were over the top. Not to mention major grammatical mistakes.

Dangerous Advice:

If you're gonna go broke, go broke big"
Convinces people that college is for suckers

I agree with this. Very dangerous.

In all honesty though, Rich Dad Poor Dad helped kickstart my investment journey as it did for many others here.

Thanks for the bump, Player.

When I started my investment journey, I was oblivious to world markets and economics. What would America have to do with the Australian Economy. What would an American know about the Austalian market? Talk about naive.

My biggest mistake has been to ignore influencing factors and opinions, for what they are worth. For the past three years I have learned not to turn a blind eye and to take in advice and opinions based on experience where I see fit.

Meanwhile, I continue my path to an Economic education.

As someone who has read Kiyosaki's books up until 2006-7 (They do get very repetitive,) I recall that he and Trump did predict a huge Stock Market Crash, a plunging US Dollar and one of the worst recession's the US had ever experienced.

While I don't take his advice literally, I am willing to read it and form my own opinions, just as I do on this forum. Where my own education and strategy is concerned, there may be something I have missed, overlooked or not understood.

Seminars are starting to blend into one and 99% of the time, I feel that I have heard it all before. Yet there can be that one statement that brings it all home again or starts to turn the cogs in your brain again.

So I continue to read and listen. :)

Regards JO

Back