Rich Dad 2009

Hi

Had just posted another post on this ..let's say we meet in the front of
the organisers' desk at lunch time ..I'll bring a SS banner.

Leandro - we have a few SSers flying in from interstate for the event so
I'm sure they reckon it will offer some value despite other spruikers requesting
credit card details et al.

I'm sure it will be beneficial for me.

Look forward to seeing you.

Amelia

Went to 2 days of the RK event....met a few SSers there!

It was fantastic catching up with Travelbug, Beachside, The Player, CherryPro, Maria, Anne, Rob Williams, Iena, Karina and host of others.....

Keep in touch guys!

Pity I didn't check somersoft before I went. Would have been good to meet some other somersofters there...or maybe I did and didn't know it - talking to a few others in the bar at the Holiday Inn across the road.

Anyway - It was a great 2 days listening to RK and his advisers. Will have to try and meet up with some others soon.

OSS

It was great meeting up with some of the Somersoft gang and put faces to the names.

So what were others impressions of the weekend (I couldn't go on Monday)?

I found Saturday extremely frustrating (particularly the first session. Robert kept referring to good teaching practice and missed the most fundamental teaching practice- teach while the students are awake. TOO much repetition.
If I saw that money graph again I was going to scream.

I think they geared to the lowest common denominator.

The things I enjoyed and got something from was the Doctor, The talk on Branding interested me and also learning more about Options.

It was indeed a pleasure to meet some other Somersoftarians, as mentioned above.

BayView hit the nail on the head when he alluded to the seminar he had attended some years earlier being bigger on context than content. I agree.

Still, I found some of the info there to present a different perspective and it was timely to be exposed to some new notions as they will assist me with where I see any future purchases heading.

On Monday I stayed for Peter Spann and T. H. Eker. The stocks fellow spoke after lunch and after 10 minutes of that, I left. I have heard Dymphna and Adam Ginsberg before.

Whilst I found the going slow there, it was a change to some of the faster paced events I have attended in the past. The sedate pace of the presentations did IMO allow more time to discuss the concepts and facilitate them being stored in our memory.

Of course Rob Williams will attest to the benefits of hastening slowly ;)

Of course Rob Williams will attest to the benefits of hastening slowly ;)

The presentations at the event gave me lots to think about. So I saw it as being a bit conceptual rather than presenting hard data.
The highlight for me, was hanging out with you and the other SS crew!
Now I'm all fired up. Might try more of the haste and less of the slow to see what happens.
One thing that did become clear to me was that I've acheived every single 5 year goal I've set in less than 2 years. The only thinb that's limiting me is, well, ME. Got to start thinking and dreaming bigger.
One quick funny story ...
Waiting int he hotel lobby for our Jetbus pickup and a gorgeous Merc limo pulls up and a chaeuffer gets out. I say to my daughter "next time I come here, I'm getting me one of those. No more shuttle bus for me. I'm going to start enjoying what I've worked for".
The the guy pulls out a Jetbus banner. He was our ride to the airport. The company had run out of crappy mini buses.
When the big limo pulled up at the airport people were looking, like I might be someone famous. They were very curious.
So, if you dream it, it will come!!!

When only the best will do

Hey Rob,

I've always called you that Famous South Australian.....so there ya go, the universe delivered. Maybe RK and his crew had taken up all the space in the mini-buses :rolleyes: and all that was left for you was the Merc limo.

I enjoyed your company Rob and also that of the others I met there. You ought to also be very proud of your daughter for sticking it out for those three days, for what she's achieved to date and, of course for winning the tickets.

Now that you're fired up, and rumour has it that the US is for sale ;) lets get us a multi :D

YES or YES

There may be some useful material in that lot. Those travelling would pay excess baggage charges for all the CD's and DVD's.

I've heard the traditional seminar discount spiel before....but not to that degree. I found some of his content interesting and a different perspective on mind set matters never hurts, however I got over the yelling after the first 15 minutes.

His is a book I've not read yet, and whilst I'm tempted, I am fearful of any text in italics or worse still, in bold for emphasis because I'm going to hear him screaming again this time through the pages.

I enjoyed your delivery Peter, having read your two books, however not hearing you speak before. Also your reference to the World Wealth Report was appreciated.

Anyway back to the pitch..........for $102,000 I would be looking at a Porshce Cayenne. Then he reduced it (slightly :rolleyes: ) to two grand, well I wish I could get me a Cayenne discounted to that price. Too much fluff for me and with the yelling and theatrics on stage, he reminds me of Joe Pesci :p

The weekend that was !

It was lovely to catch up with a few SSers at the event and listen firsthand to their investing stories. Our dinner together on the first night, thanks to Sash's innate ability to spot a great deal, was enjoyable.

Like Bayview mentioned from his previous experience, I was left with many questions but the sessions opened up a world of possibilities. But I know the universe will deliver the answers. When the student is ready, the teacher appears. Rob, enjoyed your Merc story !

Peter Spann, seeing that you are here, I thorougly enjoyed your session and was refreshing to see an homegrown Aussie on stage minus the theatrics. I was able to borrow your book "from broke..." from the library yesterday and am up to Chapter 7 and yes, your Wealthy Friend is just brilliant. Know there is another thread on this but still to catch up with that.

I am keen to further explore share trading (with its varied capital guaranteed strategies) and will start another thread on investing in bullion.

I have copied this out of the Money Morning e-newsletter and surprisingly was not even aware of this before the weekend

How much lower could the US dollar go? In one respect it's already worthless. That's if you compare it to the price of gold. Before the end of Breton Woods, the price of gold was less than USD$40 an ounce.

Today it is trading at USD$983 an ounce.

In other words, if you had USD$80 in 1970 and kept USD$40 in your wallet but bought one ounce of gold with the other $40, today you would have USD$1,023. Yet the cash component would have shrunk from being 50% of your wealth to only 3.9% of your wealth.

But what is the equivalent purchasing power today of your 1970 USD$40? Well, in order to get the same purchasing power, you would need USD$221 in today's money. Simply put, the value of the US dollar has declined by over 80% in 39 years.

The value of gold on the other hand has increase nearly five-fold in terms of its purchasing power. That means, someone holding gold for the last 39 years could purchase nearly four times as many things today as he/she could have done back in 1970.

Unquote

Yes or Yes and Go the Mighty Warriors !!!

Umm, so what did you think of the massive T.H.E. pitch? I'm still astounded.

I'm still coming to terms with the "forget capital growth" argument and still not full understanding why he says we are being Fully F&^%$*& when we get Fully Franked dividends.
What am I missing?

His is a book I've not read yet, and whilst I'm tempted, I am fearful of any text in italics or worse still, in bold for emphasis because I'm going to hear him screaming again this time through the pages.

He narrated the version of his book on audio as well. Cracked me up for the first 5 mins! :eek:

He narrated the version of his book on audio as well. Cracked me up for the first 5 mins! :eek:

After reading his Secrets of the Millionaire Mind book (which really helped my mindset cery much) I might have developed a bit of a "man crush" on the guy. 2 minutes after he opened his mouth,. I was over it.
Mmmm much like a lot of "ladies" I've dated.
Maybe it's a "it's not them, it's me" thing.

After reading his Secrets of the Millionaire Mind book (which really helped my mindset cery much) I might have developed a bit of a "man crush" on the guy. 2 minutes after he opened his mouth,. I was over it.
Mmmm much like a lot of "ladies" I've dated.
Maybe it's a "it's not them, it's me" thing.

Yeah that's the book I have on audio, haven't got the hard copy. Once I got past his - let's say, VERY enthusiastic tone - he made some good points and I did enjoy it.

So looks like you're only "man crush" is back to just lil ol me again hey Rob? :D At least you've finally invited me out to dinner now (told you fiancee wouldn't get jealous), see you in a couple weeks.

This was my reaction to RDPD way back in the 90's and RK - after attending his first Aust seminar. Reason for not attending this time, mind you if I had know that all the SS's were there I would have just popped in for diner.

Cheers

I really enjoyed Rich DAD 2009 and meeting all the somersoft crew.

I spoke to Mr Kiyosaki himself on Sunday night after the event and managed to get a signed copy of Rich Dad Poor Dad (worth gold to me), was a real thrill for me to meet the man that helped change the direction of my life (financially) and be able to thank him personally.

Rob, Am I gonna be safe on Sunday or will I need to bring a bodyguard? :eek::D

Project 1080.

" You are a Wealthy Warrior"....

I could not stand any more of that, when the pitch came and be started breaking down every single element covered in the first couple of DVD packs, I walked out. Was outside on the phone a bit later and saw the doors fly open with about 30 people running out to his stand to buy the "too good to refuse offer".

My wife said the same thing happened inside - people just ran to the counter at the back of the room to buy buy buy.

OSS

" You are a Wealthy Warrior"....

I could not stand any more of that, when the pitch came and be started breaking down every single element covered in the first couple of DVD packs, I walked out. Was outside on the phone a bit later and saw the doors fly open with about 30 people running out to his stand to buy the "too good to refuse offer".

My wife said the same thing happened inside - people just ran to the counter at the back of the room to buy buy buy.

OSS

Can't argue with his logic, though. He is selling CD's teaching you to make $100,000 on a weekend doing seminars.
Then he proceeds to get at least 50 people (I stopped counting at 50) to buy his packs at $2,000 each. So he made a minimum of $100,000 from a one hour spiel, selling products teaching you to make $100,000 from a one hour spiel ...
I'm getting dizzy from going around in circles ...

Back