Rich Dad Predictions 2008

Awesome video... I couldn't take my eyes off his mesmorising multi-coloured neck tie! (An artifact of low-bandwidth video, on a shiny grey surface).

I was a big fan of Kyosaki, in fact he was the one who changed my whole outlook on personal wealth.

However I attended a seminar of his in London and it was just like an infomercial you see on late night TV, all they wanted to do was sell you his property investing courses at £1000 a pop.. a one time offer type thing, never to be repeated, only open to 50 people.. once in a life time opportunity, free set of steak knives type deal.

This offer was only open to the seminar attendees; Funny thing was, this same seminar was on a number of times during the week and then scheduled in every city.. so I don't see how its never to be repeated, one time offer!

There is a lot of skepticism on how Kyosaki really makes his money.. my bet is that a major percentage of it is in his Educational products.. not property

Just watched part 4 RD predictions and loved it . Interesting about the silver ....

I've been a fan of RK for years . Just books and audio really . Would rather attend a seminar by somone like McKnight etc . More my style ...

Great to watch some of there U tube stuff , but a big time sucker eh ?

Has anyone here been buying silver ?

I just watched all 4 parts...very interesting. Makes me think that from now on I should be collecting my rents in silver rather than $AUS.:D

I watched them too sailor. Found them very informative. Robert did clearly re-iterate that he had built up his positions in Silver, and was not adding more at this point in time.

Are you looking at buying Gold Sailor? I noted from an earlier post that you were looking into it? I note that Robert mentioned that there is far more Gold available than silver, as silver is actually used in many of our appliances and is a very limited resource.

Regards Jason.

Last edited:
Interesting information on gold versus silver:

COMMODITY PRICES
Gold US$/oz 925.75 -3.4%
Silver US$/oz 17.53 -11.8%
Platinum US$/oz 1823.00 -3.5%
Aluminium c/lb 127.1 -2.7%
Copper c/lb 361.6 -1.6%
Nickel c/lb 1,287.3 -2.7%
Lead c/lb 122.5 -4.4%
Tin c/lb 899.5 -3.4%
Zinc c/lb 101.5 -6.0%
Light Sweet Crude US$/bb l101.48 -2.9%

Looks like they all took a pre-Easter dive...could be a good time to buy...but what do I know? Not much about investing in minerals. I would appreciate some more knowledgable input tho, please!

COMMODITY PRICES
Gold US$/oz 925.75 -3.4%
Copper c/lb 361.6 -1.6%
Lead c/lb 122.5 -4.4%
Tin c/lb 899.5 -3.4%
Zinc c/lb 101.5 -6.0%

Looks like they all took a pre-Easter dive...could be a good time to buy...but what do I know? Not much about investing in minerals. I would appreciate some more knowledgable input tho, please!

I am very unfamiliar with these markets as well, and would be afraid of being slaughtered by those far more knowledgeable than myself!

Regards Jason.

COMMODITY PRICES
Gold US$/oz 925.75 -3.4%
Copper c/lb 361.6 -1.6%
Lead c/lb 122.5 -4.4%
Tin c/lb 899.5 -3.4%
Zinc c/lb 101.5 -6.0%

!

How about,

Wheat down ......8.7%
Soybeans down...4%
Corn down..........3.7%

ag00-pres.gif

au00-pres.gif

Finally got the comparisons I was looking for. Thankyou!
So....what to buy....gold or silver?​

If you listen to the end of Part 4 Robert says that he is no longer buying gold or silver but waiting until other investors come in and then he will sell.

I recall in one of his books that he said he owns silver mines in China - maybe he has another agenda?

Cheers,

Bazza

If you listen to the end of Part 4 Robert says that he is no longer buying gold or silver but waiting until other investors come in and then he will sell.

I recall in one of his books that he said he owns silver mines in China - maybe he has another agenda?

Does he actually own silver mines in China, or he owns shares in a company that owns silver mines in China?
Alex

From my own personal observations, I find that if a particular item is very popular in the news, it is already too late. Someone else has already made a fat profit, and now will be cashing in even more once the Joe public gets excited about getting rich.

Same as with the "hotspots" in property investing. Once the hotspots are "revealed", or "property is the current trendy/safe asset to invest in" news, people rush in, and the rest is history.

Here is a link to a site I am finding very interesting. I will not copy and paste articles due to strict copyright policy. There is a section on gold and silver, and also on hedge funds manipulating the markets. Lots of good articles.
It may be necessary to register there. I am trialling it out, I think it is legit good news.

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/

Also, I find it fascinating to learn about cycles.
Here are 2 more interesting links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_bubble

See if you can find any similarities between old times and current times.
Interesting reading. Since I went through the "recession we had to have" with 18.5% interest rates, I observed the Tech bubble, and now.......
Damn, where is this crystal ball of mine?:rolleyes:

Cheers,
GMG.

I have redistributed 50% of my equity in gold and silver, I have been on a steep learning curve for the past 3 months and reckon this is the best thing I can do as I think it can only go up over the next 12 mths. Silver and gold basically follows the same trend it seems, and you can switch it from one to another with a phone call to Perth Mint.

Property has been my main focus until now, however it is time to diversify as increasingly $ are not worth what they were!! Gold has increased 50% in the last 6 months and is a long term trend, I figure property or shares are not going to get near that!

So what's everyones take on what this means for us as property investors in Australia? Is it a good time to be highly leveraged for us or not?

If property prices plummet will rents skyrocket to assist in paying off our debt?

It's hard for me to fully grasp the concepts the group were discussing although it is pretty clear that it is better to own assets that people need than being all cashed up - especially if the dollar crashes. But our dollar isn't diving like the US.

I think I just want to use the right formula to create wealth without fully understanding the principles. A bit like using washing powder - I know if I use it in a certain way it will clean my clothes but I don't need to fully understand how the chemical process works!

:confused:

Back