Richmond is going silly

Got this in the mail today (I live in a block of six townhouses)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this short request to all the owners in this block. The reason for the note is that I have a couple of really good buyers that would love to buy here. I hope that you appreciate the effort of handwriting this request and thereby respect it's genuine nature and need for an urgent response. If you are thinking of selling in the near future please call me as soon as you can. My direct line is XXXX XXXX.

It really is a hand written letter. Can't say I've seen one before. Business cards sure, but letters? Anyone else experienced this recently?

It really is a hand written letter. Can't say I've seen one before. Business cards sure, but letters? Anyone else experienced this recently?

Yes, I am not in Richmond, and I got a "handwritten" letter too. I don't believe it for a moment, I know it looks real, but with today's technology it must be possible to print onto paper and have it feel like pen lines. Mine said the same nonsense, they have interested buyers in the apartment block I'm in and to call them if I want to sell etc. etc.

Gee I hadn't thought of that. Interesting. I'm not selling so it doesn't really matter but it's kinda hardcore to make people think it's more genuine by using that method. Goes to show how strong Melbourne is right now all the same.

Got this in the mail today (I live in a block of six townhouses)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this short request to all the owners in this block. The reason for the note is that I have a couple of really good buyers that would love to buy here. I hope that you appreciate the effort of handwriting this request and thereby respect it's genuine nature and need for an urgent response. If you are thinking of selling in the near future please call me as soon as you can. My direct line is XXXX XXXX.

I print my handwritten "signature" all the time in documents, with the blue ink and the little crests that would come from a pen.

Gee and I was actually thinking about calling him to tell him one of the owners does want to sell (he doesn't live in it and therefore won't receive the letter). I would have given him a serious lead. I'm way too trusting.

Gee and I was actually thinking about calling him to tell him one of the owners does want to sell (he doesn't live in it and therefore won't receive the letter). I would have given him a serious lead. I'm way too trusting.

Redcat the number and 'suss him/her out' for the owner before passing on his handwritten letter.

If a false lead nothing lost except you time and 30c phone call.

Gee Whiz he may be genuine and owner can skip REA fees and sell unit in one easy move.

Sheryn

How about just passing the note onto the owner and let them respond.

People are reading the latest investment books and thinking this is the best way to secure a bargain ;)

Isn't the letter from the REA?

I'm going to assume the agent is telling the truth. The fact is there's currently more buyers than sellers. REAs cannot get hold of stock fast enough.

Back