RIP Tom Clancy

Sad to hear that Tom Clancy has died , one of the best selling Author's has just Died.

My best man , who was in the Navy , put me on to hunt for Red October shortly after it's release and I have most of his books in hard back as I didn't want to wait till they came out in Paper back ( what are those ...).

Often described as a " notoriously right winged " one of his books ?? executive order contains a scene where a hijacked plane is flown into the capitol building possibly inspiring 911

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...tary-thrillers-dead-at-66-20131003-2ut3a.html

Cliff

Very sad - I always enjoyed his complex stories.

"Give me a ping, Vasily. One ping only, please." (that's actually from the movie, not sure that's the exact line from the book - would have to go and look it up).

I also found some of the non-fiction books he wrote (often with other people) to be fascinating.

I was sad to read of his death too, spent many a long plane flight with one of his books. My favourite was Without Remorse, which is being developed into a movie soon I think.

I'm a big fan and have read a lot of his books. The Jack Ryan series books are personal favourites, as well as Red Storm Rising.

A sad day.

Regards,

Jason

Also quite sad. Loved his earlier books & the ones not co-authored.

Some of them where a little heavy on the poltics side of things for me.

If I had to chose a favourite, I'd probably go Red Storm Rising. Rainbow Six & Without Remorse are pretty high on the list too.

What I find very strange and have tried to find out without success..... how did he die... what was it ???, does anyone know????? curious, he was only in his sixties, average male lives into 80's, I suspect cancer, he was a smoker?????

Very interesting guy, his books were top sellers, but also a very smart savvy man when it came to money matters reported net worth $300M.

Back