Rise & Fall of Dr Geoffrey Eddelsten

I am curious as to this man's psyche and how his brain works.

As a young man in medical school, he was a part-time record producer.

And then, around 15 years after graduation, came the glitzy, luxury clinics, the ownership of the Sydney Swans and the glamorous 18 year old wife whose wedding gift was a pink helicopter.

Things went belly-up in the early 90s. He was jailed for wanting to rough-up an ex-con whose tattoo removal had gone badly wrong. He was de-registered and was not allowed to work as a Doctor. Still a millionaire many times over, owning many clinics.

Married several times, always to stunning young dollies.

And now, aged 71, he appears to be going bankrupt.......

What motivates this man?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nkruptcy-trustee-chases-debts-50-million.html

I am curious as to this man's psyche and how his brain works.

As a young man in medical school, he was a part-time record producer.

And then, around 15 years after graduation, came the glitzy, luxury clinics, the ownership of the Sydney Swans and the glamorous 18 year old wife whose wedding gift was a pink helicopter.

Things went belly-up in the early 90s. He was jailed for wanting to rough-up an ex-con whose tattoo removal had gone badly wrong. He was de-registered and was not allowed to work as a Doctor. Still a millionaire many times over, owning many clinics.

Married several times, always to stunning young dollies.

And now, aged 71, he appears to be going bankrupt.......

What motivates this man?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nkruptcy-trustee-chases-debts-50-million.html

This man is clearly an entrepeneur with a penchant for showing off the many spoils of his success including the trophy girlfriends, fast cars, penthouses, etc.

He also loves the limelight. He wants to show to the world how successful he is.

He clearly has a flair for making money and is not afraid to show it. A very intelligent man who can see business opportunities everywhere and has the drive to exploit them.

images

Maybe it's just a case of Platonic blindness,, iv'e always liked to watch this Man you have to give it too him from the AFL teams ,fast track up-market
Medical Outlets,Stunning Ladies,Fast Cars,one would learn more in a ten a minute talk with this Gentleman then talking too thousands of people in you entire lifetime,He will be back..

Rise and Fall...

More like rise and fall and rise and fall and rise and fall....

Dr Geoffrey Edelsten (not Geoffrey Edelsten, but Dr Geoffrey Edelsten) was a household name in the 1980's in Australia courtesy of his ownership of the Sydney Swans (among whose players was one Warwick Capper - himself a media whore also).

Dr Edelsten had the stereotypicaly pretty young wife (Leanne iirc) who drove a pink sports car...

Quintessential 80's.

Anyway, afaik he was stripped of his medical licence and in doing so probably lost the right to call himself "Dr", but the cheeky bugger now has a PhD from some degree-mill university. So he is still Dr Geoffrey Edelsten (his website actually says Professor Dr Geoffrey Edelsten) - it's his trademark (imo), like Donald Trump and his gawd-awful hair.

dr-edelsten.jpg

I maybe wrong , but my recollection is that he wasn't completely deregistered but he was prevented from claiming though medicare which is a Australian wide System .

The deregistration action against him occurred at a time when Doctors were registered on a state by state basis and the action was in NSW . He moved back to Victoria where he was also registered. The powers that be decided they didn't want to go through the process in Victoria , however they could prevent his patients claiming rebates from medicare which is a disincentive to see a specific Doctor

Now days registration is australia wide and if you are " struck off " ( which has happened to a Forum member ... ) it is Australian Wide .

Cliff

From Wikipedia...

Edelsten was a general practitioner, but was deregistered in New South Wales in 1988, and later in Victoria. In 1990, he was jailed for perverting the course of justice and soliciting Christopher Dale Flannery to assault a former patient.

According to Flannery's wikipedia page, his nickname was "Mr Rent-a-Kill" (he sounds like a nice guy, doesn't he?)

Anyway, the guy (Edelsten) is a survivor. Like Alan Bond.

Which gets me wondering ...

Wikipedia is written by contributors - there is no verification of fact other than by other contributors who may alter the original content.

Why do we treat Wikipedia as a factual Encyclopaedia when it is written by the likes of you and me?

p.s. Never understood what the girls saw in him - asides from money/power ... maybe that's it - they just saw the money/power

I dont know anything what he did to become so rich but judging on his last decade of behaviour, I personally think he is a tosser

he doesnt seem like your typical attention whore who wants their face plastered over the media as he seems quite reserved on tv, but yet he goes out with attention seeking brainless bimbos

I guess it takes a certain unique personality/character to get where he is and behave like that........

Which gets me wondering ...

Wikipedia is written by contributors - there is no verification of fact other than by other contributors who may alter the original content.

Why do we treat Wikipedia as a factual Encyclopaedia when it is written by the likes of you and me?

Maybe because, in this case, it is referenced and all on the public record?

As a general rule I reference economic statistics when I post them on SS. And I certainly wouldn't post anything that could be construed as highly defamatory to anybody, let alone someone who I am sure can afford very good lawyers, without checking a couple of things first (that wouldn't be very smart, would it?).

Edelsten has his regrets. Among them, he wishes he had opted for a somewhat less extroverted, intoxicating lifestyle - one that culminated in bankruptcy, divorce, deregistration as a doctor and a year-long jail term for contracting underworld figure Christopher Dale Flannery to assault a former patient

See: A few regrets but Edelsten is still true Blue

He admits he made mistakes in the past but disgraced former medico Geoffrey Edelsten - applying to the NSW Medical Tribunal yesterday to be reregistered as a doctor - insists he is a changed man.

The flamboyant former owner of the Sydney Swans AFL team was struck off the NSW medical register in 1988 for at least 10 years for professional misconduct.

He also spent a year in jail in 1990 after hiring notorious underworld figure Christopher Dale Flannery to beat up a former patient.

See: Edelsten tries to re-enter the ranks of doctors

Unfortunately I have had several dealings and runs in with Edelsten over the years.

He is not permitted to practice medicine anywhere in Australia and takes great pains to ensure that this is clear legally (although getting and using his doctorate title seems to counter act this).

He is a very clever man and knows how to play the system. He is able to set up businesses (and use funds from them as his personal expenses account) from other peoples money, losing said money and then repeating the practice over as many times as he can.

He is also very litigious and has any assets well and truly well hidden.

Socially a lovely man. Business wise you need to keep your wits about yourself.

Just saw the news reports for Eddelstens bankruptcy hearing

And Brynne turns up chasing money as a creditor from her divorce.

Does she have no self respect???

Who would have thought that living like a millionaire for a few years including gifts and cash for a girl with no qualifications or experience in anything in life except shopping, wouldnt have been enough........

Will be the biggest payday of her life, a few years married to a prune and she gets more money then she could earn in a life time

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing To be aware of is he came from money . The Family business was Edels , which used to be a major record retailer , when people bought records .

So he didn't start from the bottom

Cliff

I would have thought his former wife earned every cent she gets, good luck to her, must have been hard work married to a person like that.

Back