Risky properties for investment

Rents were neither locked in nor guaranteed. They were reviewed according to the market, and on one occasion, I appealed and won a rise in rent.

Having had a great success with a negatively geared property with solid growth, I wouldn't have much patience with people poo pooing me on a strategy which has already done well, and one which, as a newbie investor at the time, was very secure and worry free.

Agreed.

Just listening to her lately and she bangs on about DHA/NRAS calling theme "schemes" and then lumps them with rental guarantees and then by association they are therefore bad.

Just frustrating.

dont listen

How is NRAS not a scheme?

Your paying top dollar for low land content all because you get above market rent and high deduction
Your also paying a handsome profit to the builders

Short term these look alright but if you look back in 20 years you will kick yourself that you didn't buy the older house on a block 4 times the size.

Honestly some of the block sizes were below 300sqm and not exactly in blue chip locations. I don't understand how people see this as long term value

The only argument i can think of that would support buying NRAS is time value of money. Anyone done calculations on this?

Your paying top dollar for low land content all because you get above market rent and high deduction

Short term these look alright but if you look back in 20 years you will kick yourself that you didn't buy the older house on a block 4 times the size.

So is your concern that NRAS doesn't make a good investment or any new property offers poor value over established property (in your opinion)? I'm a believer that it can make sense if it allows the investor to purchase their next property. Not everyone can afford/service a portfolio of highly negatively geared old properties.

So what?

Honestly some of the block sizes were below 300sqm and not exactly in blue chip locations. I don't understand how people see this as long term value

The only argument i can think of that would support buying NRAS is time value of money. Anyone done calculations on this?

:confused:

NRAS does not equal high density unit slums.

Look around.

There are some that will surprise you.

Come to think of it, that's sort of the same as a regular IP.

Who'd have thunked?

Back